Everything’s peachy when you straighten up your act with OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?, which is from the Hawaii Collection that’s officially set to be released on February 4th! (Check out my OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch recap post here.)
Years ago, I avoided peach nail polishes because I thought that they wouldn’t look good. But ever since I found the right one, I’ve been trying all the peachy-toned lacquers I could get my hands on!
OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? is a fun-loving orange-sorbet shade with enough saturation to keep it from looking anemic.
I especially love wearing these kind of peaches in the summer, although clearly I have no problem sporting this any time of year, whenever the heck I want. (Nail polish is all about having fun! Throw those rules out the window. Just make sure that they don’t accidentally land on someone’s head.)
OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? Pictures
OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Orange creme (Yes)
- Name: OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Comparison Swatches: Check out this post to see how OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? compares to 4 other OPI nail polishes!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR. It retails for $9.95 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (The collection will officially be released on February 4, 2015.)
OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? Review
Think of a paler version of an orange Popsicle or a Creamsicle. That’s what I think of when I look at Is Mai Tai Crooked? by OPI!
(Okay, I also think, “Delicious!” But don’t worry – I have never been tempted to taste nail polish. *Shivers* Have you seen the woman featured on My Strange Addiction who drinks nail polish? I saw it on YouTube, and as gross and sad as it was to see, the nailphile in me was thinking, “I hope you didn’t drink any limited-edition, hard-to-find polishes!”)
This is the kind of peachy polish that will bring to mind those mild spring days filled with sunshine. It’s such a happy colour, so it’s great to wear when you need a pick-me-up.
But it’s not a pale peach that it looks like you need to give it mouth-to-mouth to breathe life back into it. And that’s exactly why I like it. It offers a touch more oomph than a regular pastel.
This is another creme nail polish in the OPI Hawaii Collection. It’s simple, but classic. There’s nothing crazy going on, which means the colour gets the spotlight. Fully deserved!
Another thing you’ll love about cremes is that they’re so easy to remove. (In fact, when I wear any creme by OPI, I just use a single cotton ball soaked in nail-polish remover, and I can take off the lacquer from all 10 nails. Easy peasy!)
Application & Formula
Creamy and smooth, I had no trouble painting with Is Mai Tai Crooked? by OPI, however, I was probably overly excited about the colour, which is why my application was so messy! 😉 Oops!
(Hey, I keep it real! Manicures don’t have to look perfect to be enjoyed. I wore it out like this, and was very happy with the way it looked. Imperfection isn’t enough to rain on my parade, and I encourage you to appreciate your manicures and pedicures with the same rosy lens.)
To get full coverage to the point where I was comfortable, I needed to use three coats. It’s possible that you could get away with two coats, but I liked the way it looked better with that extra coat.
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
I really enjoy peachy polishes because they always make me think of warm weather. Hehe, considering that the weather has taken a drastic dip, I really appreciate lacquers like this. It brings my spirits up and helps me look past the cold and toward spring and summer.
Sure, I was born in Canada and haven’t lived anywhere else, but my body would rather be somewhere hot. (I can take the heat more than the cold.)
You’ll really enjoy this polish, and I feel that not too many people try peaches. If they did, they might be surprised how flattering it is! 🙂
What’s your favourite peach nail polish? Is there a certain colour that makes you immediately think of spring or summer? What are you wearing on your nails now?