Pick-up line to snag a nailphile: “Is it hot in here, or are you wearing OPI Go with the Lava Flow?”
Okay, so maybe not. (Then again, I’ve never heard any pick-up lines that hooked me. Have you?)
What does impress me is OPI Go with the Lava Flow, which is from the Hawaii Collection that officially drops on February 4th!
Striking while the iron’s hot, this nail polish breathes so much life, it’s like a dragon throwing flames in an enchanted forest!
P.S. Did you ever have a lava lamp? When I was in elementary school, I really wanted one, but money was always tight in my family, so it wasn’t exactly a priority purchase. Hehe! Now that I’m an adult, I still haven’t bought one. I rarely see them, but when I do, I stare at them for longer than is probably socially acceptable. 😉
P.P.S. I haven’t forgotten about those of you who requested that I do comparison swatches for a few shades in this collection! (I need to set aside some time this coming weekend for it.)
P.P.P.S. This is just a friendly reminder that my worldwide giveaway for the China Glaze Road Trip Travel Sized mini set with 6 polishes ends tomorrow (Friday January 23 at 11:59 pm EST)! Hurry to get your entry in while you still can!
OPI Go with the Lava Flow Pictures
OPI Go with the Lava Flow Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Go with the Lava Flow
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Golden red (Yes)
- Name: OPI Go with the Lava Flow
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (I paid nothing, as this was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (The collection will officially be released on February 4, 2015.)
OPI Go with the Lava Flow Review
Caliente! Go with the Lava Flow by OPI brings a whole new meaning to a hot manicure! It’s a red that doesn’t shimmer down – it’s on full blast!
Although it’s definitely not the brightest red in my collection, it still has a lot of depth because because it’s punctuated with golden shimmer for drama that ends with exclamation marks!
This is the type of nail polish that catches the light and makes you want to steal one too many glances at your nails like a vain polish peacock.
The shimmer throughout is plentiful, and even if you’re looking at it in dim light, you’ll still see the magic twinkling on your fingertips (or toenails).
I love how it’s smooth, and removal is extremely easy. No fussing around!
Application & Formula
Go with the Lava Flow by OPI applied very easily because the formula was smooth and self-levelling. It’s nearly effortless, which is exactly the kind of polish that I enjoy painting with.
However, it’s on the thin, runny side, so just use extra care when working around your cuticles to avoid any flooding.
To achieve the opacity in my photos, I used three easy coats. (You could probably get away with two coats, but I wanted to see it at its maximum.)
Final Verdict: 7/10
I like how Go with the Lava Flow by OPI isn’t dull or boring. It has some ‘snap’ to it. “Bend…and snap!” (Haha, that just popped into my head. Guess that movie reference should be used for a pink polish instead.)
Can you believe it’s almost February? Have you thought about what you’re going to wear on your nails for Valentine’s Day? If you could use two colours from the OPI Hawaii Collection to create nail art with, which would they be?