OPI Just Lanai-ing Around from the Hawaii Collection was like a Jack-in-the-Pineapple-Box for me because, in the bottle, I felt ambivalent about it.
Then, I put it on my nails, and fell in love with it because it’s such a casual, easy-to-wear mauve that’s muted.
Yeah, “I like to mauve it, mauve it!” (Hehe, I couldn’t resist the pun and reference to that song.) 😉
With that ‘Granny Chic’ vibe, it’s certainly a colour that appeals to people of all ages, and it’s easy to see why – OPI Just Lanai-ing Around is timeless like a Chanel handbag.
I also imagine that this colour is very flattering on a wide variety of skin tones, which gets major thumbs up!
OPI Just Lanai-ing Around Pictures
OPI Just Lanai-ing Around Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Just Lanai-ing Around
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Dark creamy mauve (Yes)
- Name: OPI Just Lanai-ing Around
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (I paid nothing, as this was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (The collection will officially be released on February 4, 2015.)
OPI Just Lanai-ing Around Review
Mauve is like pink’s sophisticated older sister. I can see this creating a classy pop of colour to a neutral outfit.
It’s one of those polishes that is so easy-going, the bottle should be catching some rays while lying in a hammock!
If any of you want to wear more colour without going too bright, I think you’ll really enjoy wearing Just Lanai-ing Around by OPI. And, if you’re like me and you live in bold (and sometimes tacky) nail polish because it makes your heart race, you’ll find that Just Lanai-ing Around is a lovely change of pace.
I had no idea that I liked mauve at all. But, sometimes it takes that one polish to make you rethink the colour wheel. This did it for me. Now I’m curious about other mauve nail polishes that I turned a prejudiced blind eye to before.
This is what some could call a ‘Grandma Chic’ shade. It makes sense. As we grow older, hopefully we mature and become wiser. Looks like grandmas know a good nail-polish colour when they see one. 😉
For the most part, Just Lanai-ing Around by OPI has a creme finish, but if you look very closely, you’ll notice sparse, fine silvery shimmer.
On the nail, it’s not extremely noticeable to the naked eye. It just helps the overall appearance seem not so flat like some cremes can be. Of course, in the photos on my blog that are blown up larger than life, you can see the shimmer more easily. (The shimmer is a little subtle surprise for the wearer.)
Application & Formula
Just Lanai-ing Around by OPI applied very easily. It was pigmented and smooth, so I only needed to use two coats to reach full opacity. And since the formula is creamy, it’s easy to control with the brush. (It has one of the better formulas in the collection. Not thick and not runny.)
Final Verdict: 9/10
Even if you don’t normally like mauves, I urge you to give Just Lanai-ing Around by OPI a shot. It just may surprise you!
P.S. Stay tuned all this week because I’ll be bringing you more in-depth reviews on other OPI Hawaii Collection shades! 🙂
Which is your favourite OPI Hawaii Collection colour so far? Can you believe that the official launch for the collection is right around the corner? (February 4th is almost here!) What polish have you worn that surprised you?