OPI Aloha from OPI from the Hawaii Collection out soon (February 4th, to be exact) is the polish that stole my heart as I stood there in disbelief with a puddle of drool!
When I first saw the bottle, it didn’t do anything for me. I just thought it was an okay shade, and pushed it aside to look at the others in the OPI Hawaii Collection.
But, since I’m determined to wear every shade in the collection as full manicures and also review as many as I can on the blog (hopefully all), I decided to give this one a go.
Whoa – I wan’t expecting how gorgeous this polish would be! It surprised me so much how hard I fell in love with it, and now it’s one of my top picks from the collection!
If you’re into statement colours, you must try this because it’s a bright orange-red-leaning coral that absolutely pops on your nails like fireworks across a blackened sky! (It was enough to distract me from my seriously dry hands. The harsh winter weather has been taking a real toll on the skin on my hands, especially since I’m washing my hands a lot.)
OPI Aloha from OPI is a colour that’s fun to wear and that has a tropical-vacation feel. So even if you can’t afford to hit up your dream destination island, at least this colour brings the vacation to you!
P.S. Have you entered my latest worldwide giveaway? You could win the China Glaze Road Trip Travel Sized mini set with 6 cute polishes! It ends January 23rd, so hurry to get your entry in before it’s too late!
OPI Aloha from OPI Pictures
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Aloha from OPI
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Creamy coral (Yes)
- Name: OPI Aloha from OPI
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (This was a PR sample, so I paid nothing.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (You can get it when the collection is officially released on February 4, 2015.)
OPI Aloha from OPI Review
OPI Aloha from OPI is a fiery nail polish that sometimes looks red and other times looks orange. It’s actually a bright coral that can lean both ways like a nail-polish contortionist!
This is a loud shade, and I feel like it would flatter a wide variety of skin tones from the fairest to the richest.
It’s bright, but not like a neon that seems to almost glow in the dark. This could almost get there. It’s on the verge of breaking out. I think it could be a good neon-gateway polish! 😉
It pops so much on the nail, yet in the bottle, you might not even bat an eye over the shade. It’s one of those colours that you must try from the collection because it really has that ‘vacation vibe’. Especially if you’re like me and you can’t wait for winter to come to an end, this nail polish will gladly hula into your life with coconut bra and colourful cocktail in hand!
With a shiny, creamy finish, OPI Aloha from OPI looks so fresh on the nails and never flat or dull.
Cremes are really popular for the season, which is why there are so many in the OPI Hawaii Collection.
A simple creme finish allows the colour to be the star of the show, and later when you want to remove it, it comes off easily and quickly.
Application & Formula
This is an example of what OPI is known for: smooth, easy-to-paint-with formulas. It glides onto your nails without a hitch for an application that’s so dreamy, the only way it could get better was if the polish applied itself as you watched TV and ate a big bowl of delicious ice cream! 😉
The consistency wasn’t too thick or too thin – it was Goldilocks’ “just right”! I think that it’s a great polish for beginner nailphiles to use because it applies so easily and will help them build up their confidence before tackling tricky formulas that require more concentration.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
As you can tell from my high Final Verdict score, I didn’t just like OPI Aloha from OPI, but I absolutely loved wearing it because it instantly made me think of warmer weather! (I’m so over winter, so whenever I have the chance to wear a happy spring/summer shade, I jump on it!)
What is a polish you’ve worn that gives your nails a ‘vacation vibe’? Are you looking forward for winter to end? What is your favourite type of nail-polish finish?