Okay, so you know that I’m all about the bold nail colours, but I can appreciate softer hues, too. In fact, sometimes wearing classy shades is a much-needed and refreshing change.
Recently, I wore OPI Taupe-less Beach, which is from the OPI Brazil Collection that I’m crazy about! (Seriously, if you haven’t tried any of the shades from this collection, you’re missing out on one of the most exciting releases in a long time!)
And if you’re a fellow Canadian, remember to enter for your chance to win the entire OPI Brazil Collection in my giveaway that ends February 28.
Also, if you have a moment, please take the time to vote for me until February 25 by tweeting and/or retweeting my Nicole Challenge manicure. Click that link to read the details.
OPI Taupe-less Beach Pictures
OPI Taupe-less Beach Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Taupe-less Beach
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Taupe (Yes)
- Name: OPI Taupe-less Beach
- Collection: OPI Brazil Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Brazil Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Next Stop…The Bikini Zone, Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around, Taupe-less Beach, I São Paulo Over There, OPI Scores a Goal!, AmazON…AmazOFF, I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?, Toucan Do It If You Try, Kiss Me I’m Brazilian, Live.Love.Carnaval & Red Hot Rio
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Taupe-less Beach Review
Taupe-less Beach by OPI isn’t like your ordinary garden variety because there’s a slight purple undertone to it that makes it more interesting.
There’s something very classy about taupe in general, but this purple tinge is what gives it some edginess.
I don’t have too many soft shades like this in my collection, but now my lacquer ears are up, and I’m curious to try more. It’s definitely colour territory worth exploring!
A creme finish like this is magical because it goes on smoothly.
OPI sure knows what they’re doing because Taupe-less Beach is so dreamy and creamy, Dr. Seuss! 😉
Application & Formula
Application is a breeze, and you only need 2 coats to fully cover your nails. Perfection!
Final Verdict: 9/10
Although Taupe-less Beach by OPI strays outside my comfort zone, I was surprised that I loved it so much! (Yes, I’m Swatching and Learning!) 😉
How would you wear this shade? What colour have you tried that was outside your usual comfort zone? Which is your favourite hue from the OPI Brazil Collection?