Remember when I first showed you the OPI Brazil Collection press release? There were lots of great colours available.
Then when I saw them in person and shared with you my Quick Look post on the entire OPI Brazil Collection, I knew that there were so many colours that were real winners!
I feasted my eyes on so many incredible shades, and although I love green nail polish, I couldn’t help but drool over the oranges (especially because I don’t have too many of those in my stash).
The first one I was itching to wear first was OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? because it was the lightest orange in the bunch – really cute!
OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? Pictures
OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go?
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Mango smoothie (Yes)
- Name: OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go?
- Collection: OPI Brazil Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Brazil Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Next Stop…The Bikini Zone, Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around, Taupe-less Beach, I São Paulo Over There, OPI Scores a Goal!, AmazON…AmazOFF, I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?, Toucan Do It If You Try, Kiss Me I’m Brazilian, Live.Love.Carnaval & Red Hot Rio
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores officially (starting February 5, but it could turn up a little sooner)
OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? Review
A mango smoothie is definitely one of the first thoughts that came to mind when I saw this shade, so OPI was right on the money! I also thought of an orange creamsicle because OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? has a creaminess to it, although like it’s milky.
Since I only have a few peachy shades in my collection, this is a welcomed addition, and I’m really excited to explore more variety with an orange profile. Very interesting!
It really fits into a spring/summer collection because, to me, oranges really scream warmer weather. Well, unless they’re paired with black, then I think about Hallowe’en (my favourite holiday!). Either way, orange is a very happy colour to me! (I’m surprised I don’t wear it on my nails more often.)
The creme finish is beautiful and simple, which allows the hue to shine instead of putting the focus on the colour.
The obvious perk of this finish is that it’s as easy as a wink to remove with minimal effort. Also, with a creme finish, you can easily stamp on top and create a lot of nail-art looks without worrying that the base shade is going to compete with your design.
Application & Formula
OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? glided on smoothly. The first coat laid down a lot of pigment, but I felt that it needed the second coat to completely even out and hide any bald spots.
This formula is great – no hang-ups and issues that you have to work around. A great creme finish that I’ve come to expect from OPI.
Final Verdict: 10/10
After wearing OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go?, I feel like I need to wear peaches and oranges more often because they’re such cheerful shades that I think are actually flattering. Maybe I was so stuck on greens and purples that I lost sight of a few other shades.
I think this shade would look awesome mattified. (I may just have to try it!) 😉
Do you like wearing orange on your nails? Do you wear orange clothes? Does orange remind you more of summer or of Hallowe’en? Or both?