OPI Scores a Goal! may look like it’s from an autumn collection, but it’s actually from the OPI Brazil Collection for Spring/Summer 2014 that’s set to officially hit stores tomorrow. Are you excited?
Since PR was generous to provide me with the entire collection, stay tuned as I continue to review each one in-depth. (Or, if you just want a peek at all the colours, check out my Quick Look post on the OPI Brazil Collection!)
OPI Scores a Goal! is a shade that I didn’t think I would love as much as I do when I just saw the bottle.
On the nails, this murky mauve with a hint of purple looks very chic, and the creme finish is really shiny! In certain lighting, it can appear brown.
P.S. My cuticles are stained a little from a polish I had removed prior to wear this polish. It didn’t bother me since in person (i.e. not blown up like on the blog), I couldn’t really notice it. Plus having absolutely perfect nails is never one of my goals. Happiness is! 🙂
OPI Scores a Goal! Pictures
OPI Scores a Goal! Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Scores a Goal!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Rich chocolate (Yes, it can look brown in some lighting, but most times, it looks like a murky mauve to me.)
- Name: OPI Scores a Goal!
- Collection: OPI Brazil Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Brazil Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Next Stop…The Bikini Zone, Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around, Taupe-less Beach, I São Paulo Over There, OPI Scores a Goal!, AmazON…AmazOFF, I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?, Toucan Do It If You Try, Kiss Me I’m Brazilian, Live.Love.Carnaval & Red Hot Rio
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (starting February 5)
OPI Scores a Goal! Review
The interesting thing is that OPI describes this shade as a rich chocolate. In artificial lighting that has a yellowing hue, yes, this polish can definitely appear brown.
However, in most lighting conditions (e.g. natural light, sunlight), this looked to me more like it had a mauve personality, in the bottle and on my nails.
While I’m not against OPI Scores a Goal! looking brown at times, I definitely like the mauve much more! It’s elegant and subdued, which is a nice change for me because normally I go for bolder shades.
Hmm, I’ll describe this shade now as raspberry chocolate. (Oh no, now I’m starting to get hungry!) 😉
As you would expect, OPI Scores a Goal! has a flawless, creme finish that goes on like a nailphile’s dream! I love it so much when OPI puts out cremes like this because it’s so easy to paint with. You can finish your manicure way faster than usual, and the result is shiny and smooth!
Application & Formula
OPI Scores a Goal! has a perfect formula, and it’s not just easy to apply, but it’s also a cinch to remove. There’s no staining, and I was able to get off all the polish from both hands with just 2 cotton pads soaked with remover. (You might even be able to get rid of everything with one cotton ball, but I like to use one cotton ball for each hand.)
I only needed to use 2 coats to get complete coverage, but with one coat, I could already tell it would have great coverage. The formula is nicely pigmented.
Final Verdict: 8/10
With such a wonderful formula and an interesting colour that can look mauve or brown, I think this is a nice nail polish to add to your collection if you need a refreshing change from the usual bright shades. This will also be great for the fall, but you can wear any colour your heart desires whenever you want! 🙂
Does this shade look more mauve or brown to you? Were you surprised to see this colour in a spring/summer collection? What colours will you be purchasing from the OPI Brazil Collection?