Can you tell how enthusiastic I am about the OPI Germany Collection? Haha, here I am showing you yet another colour from it - OPI Berlin There Done That!
This isn’t a colour that I’m normally attracted to, but the polish fairies must’ve waved their wands above my head and blew their magic dust over my eyes because I was really feeling this one.
Probably my intrigue with this shade is because I don’t have many colours in my collection like this since I tend to go for loud shades. This one’s soft, but it’s not boring to me because it seems to look slightly different in various lighting. That’s enough to keep my interest!
It also makes for a wonderful ‘palate cleanser’ when you’ve been wearing tons of bright shades and need to take a break so that you don’t get burned out on them. Then, you can go back to wearing the screaming neons and appreciate them more.
OPI Berlin There Done That Pictures
OPI Berlin There Done That Swatches
All swatches have:
(Hmm…none of my natural-light photos of just the thumb turned out…)
- Name: OPI Berlin There Done That
- Collection: OPI Germany Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Germany Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Germany Collection: Berlin There Done That, German-icure by OPI, Unfor-Greta-bly Blue, Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, My Very First Knockwurst, Don’t Talk Bach to Me, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, Every Month is Oktoberfest, Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, Deutsch You Want Me Baby?, Danke-Shiny Red & Schnapps Out of It!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores (Available in August, but you may be able to find them sooner at smaller stores.)
OPI Berlin There Done That Review
Berlin There Done That by OPI is a colour that makes me feel very classy. Haha, but I think it’s only because I tend to wear ‘immature’ colours like greens, blues, and yellows. Whenever I sport a more ‘grown-up’ shade, I feel like a lady. I hold my pinkie up when I drink. Haha!
Seriously, though, this shade is more sophisticated than the colours I’m used to wearing. But I still love it when I’m in the right mood. Plus there’s a softness to this greyish taupe that makes it very easy to wear. (I don’t often purposely match my nails to my outfit – sometimes they clash and I don’t care, but it’s interesting how this shade seems to go with a lot of different outfits.)
Sometimes Berlin There Done That looks like a concrete grey. Sometimes it looks like it’s a very delicate taupe. And other times, I can clearly see a purplish grey! Shade shifter!
This is a beautiful creme polish that doesn’t look flat at all. There’s a liveliness to this polish, which I think is hard to achieve because this colour could easily look muddy if done wrong.
Application & Formula
Application was a joy! The polish wasn’t too thin and it wasn’t too thick – just right! And the pigmentation was terrific, too. You just need 2 coats to get full coverage.
Final Verdict: 8/10
I very seldom wear taupe nail polish. And it’s even rarer when I like a taupe. So, trust me when I say that Berlin There Done That by OPI is a great taupe! I enjoyed wearing it, and I feel like it’s a nice change for me from the typical colours I wear.
What colour do you wear when you want a break from the shades you typically wear? Do you like taupe polishes, or do you think they look too ‘muddy’?