When I heard of OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest, I immediately thought of Oktoberfest sausages. (After eating meat again after having been a vegetarian for a few years, those were definitely on my to-eat list.)
This will be the 5th colour from the upcoming OPI Germany Collection that I’ve reviewed. (Stay tuned – I have one more colour to share with you.)
So far, I am really impressed with the OPI Germany Collection because even if the shades aren’t unique, I still think they have wonderful finishes. And the glowy polishes are a treat to wear.
Edit: So, apparently the bottles I received for OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest and OPI German-icure by OPI had the wrong labels! This one should be OPI German-icure by OPI. If you want to see my review of OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest, click here.
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest Pictures
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest Swatches
All swatches have:
- Name: OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest
- Collection: OPI Germany Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Germany Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Every Month Is Oktoberfest, Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, My Very First Knockwurst, Berlin There Done That, Don’t Talk Bach to Me, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, Unfor-greta-bly Blue, Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, Deutsch You Want Me Baby?, Danke-Shiny Red, German-icure by OPI & Schnapps Out of It!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores. (Available in August, but you may be able to find them sooner in smaller stores.)
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest Review
Every Month Is Oktoberfest by OPI is a reddish plum that’s deep, dark, and mysterious. It’s gorgeous, it knows it, and it lures you in closer with that come-hither charm. 😉
Maybe I’m looking forward to fall way too much, but I dig this colour. It’s going to be even more fun to wear in the fall and winter.
It has a shimmery finish with a special lit-from-within look. You’ll see the sides of your nails look darker, and then the middles light up and appear glowy. Yet another sexy polish from the OPI Germany Collection! 😀
Application & Formula
The formula of this one is extremely runny, so don’t load up your brush as much as you normally would, or you could flood your cuticles by accident. (I ended up getting some polish on my skin because I wasn’t expecting it, and I tend to use medium coats.)
The wateriness makes it tricky to control because it drips if you’re not careful. You’re best off applying thin coats.
Despite this setback, the pigmentation is divine. With even a single coat, you get nice coverage. But if you use 2 coats like I did, that’s all you’ll need for full opacity.
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Every Month Is Oktoberfest by OPI is a gorgeous colour. Just wish that I was able to capture it in the sunlight, but I think you get a good idea of its personality in the flash photos.
I can picture this polish being even more fun to wear when fall rolls around. It’ll go with the autumnal palette more than the bright, summery clothes I’ve been wearing.
(P.S. I’m looking for some slim-fitting neon t-shirts. Do you have any suggestions other than Forever 21 where I can find some that are reasonably priced? I’ve already bought a bunch of neon tank tops, and I’m loving them! :D)
What are your thoughts on OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest? Do you like Oktoberfest sausage? Are you a vegetarian, or if not, have you ever tried going for a period of time without eating meat or fish?