Today I have another colour from the upcoming OPI Germany Collection that’s due out in August - OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue!
It’s been quite some time since I sported a blue on here it seems. About time, right?
This is what I’d describe as a Wonder-Woman-esque blue because it’s packs a powerful punch.
If you collect nail polish and have hundreds of bottles, this colour may not strike you as original. However, it’s still very pretty, and this is a wonderful blue to have if you don’t have something similar already.
Allow me to show you how it looks like in different lighting conditions and tell you more about the formula in detail!
OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue Pictures
OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue Swatches
All swatches have:
√ Shiny blue
- Name: OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue
- Collection: OPI Germany Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here for the OPI Germany Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Germany Collection: Unfor-Greta-bly Blue, German-icure by OPI, Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, My Very First Knockwurst, Berlin There Done That, Don’t Talk Bach to Me, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, Every Month is Oktoberfest, Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, Deutsch You Want Me Baby?, Danke-Shiny Red & Schnapps Out of It!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select salons, spas & beauty-supply stores (Available in August, but you may be able to find them earlier at smaller shops.)
OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue Review
This is a vivid blue that always looks blue and never black…even in dim lighting. I think that’s why I really like Unfor-Greta-bly by OPI. Nothing annoys me more than shades that look near-black. (If I wanted to wear black, I would just wear a bold black instead of one that tippy-toes around it!)
While I’m quite taken with this glowy blue, I can’t say that it’s unique. But…that’s because I’m a polish snob and own hundreds of bottles of lacquer. If you don’t have a colour that’s similar, this is a wonderful one to have.
Unfor-Greta-bly Blue by OPI has a shimmer finish. When the light hits it, your nails come to life. And even in dim lighting, there’s something magical about the polish.
It does show very minor brushstrokes, so if that bothers you, you may find it annoying. It’s not as prominent as if you wore a metallic polish, but it’s there. You have to look at your nails really close to notice it, so chances are that other people looking at your nails won’t see it…unless they have freakishly good vision. (And in that case, find out what vitamins they’re taking and what food they’re eating!)
Application & Formula
Just like German-icure by OPI, this one also applied beautifully. It was very pigmented even with one coat, but with two, you have perfect opacity. Also, the full effect of the polish is noticeable with two coats. There’s a stunning richness to this blue!
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
As far as I’m concerned, OPI Unfor-Greta-bly Blue is another winner in the OPI Germany Collection! Gorgeous blue with a great formula – that has pleased this nailphile immensely.
Do you prefer glowy blues or creme blues? Would you wear this shade in the summer or reserve it for the fall and winter?