Are you a blue nail-polish fan? Then you may boogie with this blue Liquid Sand from the OPI San Francisco Collection that drops in August.
All this week, I’ve reviewed polishes from this collection. There will be more to come – hopefully I’ll be able to review every single colour prior to August. I hope it’ll help you with your wishlist (whether it’s adding to it or scratching off some).
Today, I have OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! Hehe, the name cracks me up because even though it’s supposed to be a reference to the Fishermans Wharf in San Francisco, it makes me think of Worf from Star Trek! Hehe, and then I get a good laugh thinking about Cling-Ons wearing nail polish! (Yes, I have an over-active imagination.)
On a side note, I’ve been to San Francisco once. Right after graduating from university, my parents and I went to California. We spent the most time in Los Angeles, but we also went to San Francisco. While in San Fran, we went to the Fishermans Wharf. It was quite lovely!
Looking back now, it was the last trip that I took with both of my parents, so I hold the memory dear to my heart.
OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! Pictures
OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! Swatches
All swatches have:
- Essie First Base (Base Coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Blue (Yes)
- Name: OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! Review
Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! by OPI is a dramatic blue that adds punch to your nails. It really defines your nail shape, and I love how bold it is. This is a Cookie Monster kind of blue, so obviously I enjoyed wearing it!
Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! by OPI has the popular Liquid Sand finish, so there’s grittiness. The textured nail trend is one of my favourite trends in a long time, and since I also like strong blues, this polish gets the thumbs up from me.
Liquid Sands dry quickly, and the grit isn’t sharp.
Normally, you can add a clear, shiny top coat, but with this polish, I think it would defeat the purpose of it being a Liquid Sand. There’s no glitter in this, so if you put a top coat over it, you’d probably just make it look like a creme.
Application & Formula
I found this polish covered the nail pretty well with just a single coat, but out of habit, I like to apply 2 coats. With 2 coats, I got full coverage.
As with the other Liquid Sands I’ve tried, this one was no exception – easy to control and apply. Great all around!
Final Verdict: 8/10
OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! is a fun polish to wear, and if you aren’t into glitter in your Liquid Sand, you’ll probably like this even more.
The strong blue combined with a winning formula make this polish a joy to wear and admire.
Have you ever been to the Fishermans Wharf in San Francisco? What did you think of Worf from Star Trek? Which is your favourite Liquid Sand polish so far?