Sure, fall is far off, but since I had the privilege to own OPI Lost on Lombard prior to the August 7 release, I wanted to give you a first look at this lovely muted red.
It’s from the OPI San Francisco Collection, and if you’ve been following Swatch And Learn for a little while, you’ll have seen that I’ve reviewed and photographed quite a few from it.
(I hope to finish reviewing them all before they’re officially released! Stay tuned for more!)
OPI Lost on Lombard isn’t the usual type of red that I’d sport. Normally I’d go for a fire-truck red or something shimmery or flashy. But I do love cremes, and this one has a very nice formula and classic autumnal charm.
OPI Lost on Lombard Pictures
OPI Lost on Lombard Swatches
All swatches have:
- Essie First Base (Base Coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Lost on Lombard
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Garnet (Yes)
- Name: OPI Lost on Lombard
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI Lost on Lombard Review
After avoiding red nail polishes for a long time, I’m beginning to appreciate them more. They’re classic chic, and I do enjoy how they go with a lot of different outfits. And sometimes when you wear red, you can really make a statement when the rest of what you’re wearing is toned down.
Lost on Lombard by OPI is a muted red that has a level of sophistication that you don’t see with the flashier variety. I consider this red to be very lady-like.
What I think is nice about this softer red is that it really has an autumnal personality. When I look at it, I think of the changing leaves and the crisp air during the season punctuated with warm spices, pumpkins, and cozy fashion.
Fall is my favourite season (followed closely with summer), so nail polishes that evoke that sensibility put me in a good mood.
Lost on Lombard by OPI has a simple creme finish, so it looks effortless and classic. The colour makes the statement, not the finish. And because it’s a creme, it’s so easy to remove.
Application & Formula
It applied very easily, and the formula only needed 2 coats to achieve perfect opacity. It’s a very nice polish, and if you don’t own a red like this, give Lost on Lombard a try!
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
OPI Lost on Lombard is a classy red that people of all different ages can wear to various occasions. It’s very versatile, and it’s a no-fuss polish since the creme finish makes it easy to remove.
If you’re a fan of reds, or if you like polishes that remind you of the fall, this is a nice one to try!
Do you like bright or muted red nail polish? When you wear red nail polish, what outfits do you put on to complement it? What is your favourite season?