If the Evil Queen in Snow White had OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane from the San Francisco Collection (out on August 7), maybe she wouldn’t be saying, “Mirror, Mirror on the wall!” She’d be staring at her reflection on her nails!
Yup, OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane is a very shiny nail polish, even without a top coat!
Although it’s summer, and most of you are digging the bright shades for the season, here I am showing you a colour from a fall/winter collection. I’m really excited about the San Francisco Collection, and judging from the feedback I’ve received from readers, it sounds like you all are, too! (We’re getting closer to the launch! Weeeee!)
OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane Pictures
OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Rich burgundy (Yes)
- Name: OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane
- Collection: OPI San Francisco Collection Fall/Winter 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI San Francisco Collection press release & quick swatches of all the shades
- Colours Available in the Collection: A-Piers to Be Tan, Dining al Frisco, Haven’t the Foggiest, Peace & Love & OPI, Keeping Suzi at Bay, Incognito in Sausalito, Lost on Lombard, I Knead Sour-Dough, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane, Embarca-Dare Ya!, First Date at the Golden Gate, It’s All San Andreas’s Fault (Liquid Sand), Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! (Liquid Sand) & Alcatraz…Rocks (Liquid Sand)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons (Available August 7)
OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane Review
In the Cable Car-Pool Lane by OPI is a burgundy that leans heavily on the eggplant side. This is the kind of colour that you’ll swoon over if you’re a fan of vampies shades that are dark, but that aren’t near-black. (This definitely looks burgundy/purple more so than black.)
This is a classy shade that I feel looks really edgy at the same time. And I also think that it’s the kind of colour that looks great on all different nail lengths. Definitely it’s a versatile colour because people of all different ages can wear it with a variety of outfits.
In the Cable Car-Pool Lane by OPI has a creme finish, but there must be a bit of a jelly mixed in because the finish is super shiny. Seriously, I could see my own reflection in my nails, and that always makes a manicure look like glass – LOVE IT!
Application & Formula
If you’re looking for a polish that gives you all the drama you crave without any of the fuss, this is it. I found it effortless to apply because it flowed so well onto the nail, and I built up full opacity with just a second coat.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
In the Cable Car-Pool Lane by OPI is so glossy and gorgeous. I know that I’ll be reaching again for this because it provides a classy-yet-edgy look with minimal effort. And this shade is definitely perfect for the fall/winter, which is the season the polish was designed for.
What vampy shade do you sport any time of year? Do you wear purple-based burgundies often? Do you prefer wearing dark colours on short nails or long nails?