Are you ready to go on a man hunt? Make sure you bring some super-sharp spears, ladies! We want ‘em to know that we ain’t playin’!
Let’s make our way in further. Aha! There they are…sitting on the sofa with the remote control in their hands!
China Glaze Man Hunt is a rich, pigmented, primary-blue lacquer that goes on beautifully and looks really shiny. It comes from the China Glaze On Safari Collection.
I really like the safari theme, and there seems to be diverse colours and finishes to please a lot of different people.
China Glaze Man Hunt Pictures
China Glaze Man Hunt Swatches
All swatches have:
√ Bold cobalt blue
- Name: China Glaze Man Hunt
- Collection: China Glaze On Safari Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze On Safari Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze On Safari Collection: Man Hunt, Exotic Encounters, Jungle Queen, Kalahari Kiss, I’m Not Lion, Call of the Wild, Adventure Red-y, Desert Sun, I Herd That, Elephant Walk, Purr-fect Plum & Prey Tell
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Victoria Nail Supply, 8ty8Beauty, Trans Design, Nailsupplies & NailPolishCanada
China Glaze Man Hunt Review
Man Hunt by China Glaze is a saturated blue that’s strong and dramatic. At first, it reminded me of Essie Mesmerize, but when I looked at them together, I realized that Man Hunt is darker and more navy blue than Mesmerize.
While I enjoyed wearing this colour by itself (it looks so slick!), I think this would be great for a base colour for nail art!
Despite this blue being dark, it never quite looked black to me, even in dim lighting. That’s a huge plus for me because near-black shades frustrate me (as you may have heard me complain about before! If I wanted to wear black, I would!).
Man Hunt is a creme polish, but it gives off that shiny look, so maybe there’s a touch of jelliness to it. (You won’t get any visible nail line with this like you would with a jelly polish.)
Application & Formula
The formula was great – not too thin and not too thick. I found it very easy to control, and the pigmentation was wonderful. You get a lot of coverage at one coat, and then you just need a second to even everything out. You shouldn’t need to use a third coat.
Final Verdict: 8/10
This kind of dark blue is really sexy to me. The formula is good, so even if you’re not the best at applying nail polish, your results will still be impressive!
Sure, this blue isn’t the most unique blue out there, but if you don’t have any blues like this, I recommend getting this one.
Do you prefer dark blues or light blues best? What’s the sexiest polish you’ve ever worn? How do you cheer yourself up when you’re feeling blue?