When I saw the China Glaze On Safari Collection, there were 2 shades in particular that answered the call of the wild for me. 😉
China Glaze Jungle Queen was one.
Sure, there are tons of grayish purples on the market, so it’s not the most original, but I still love it and haven’t gotten sick of it.
Standard grays aren’t my favourite to wear, but when there’s a touch of purple like in this I’m a happy camper.
China Glaze Jungle Queen Pictures
China Glaze Jungle Queen Ingredients
China Glaze Jungle Queen Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
√ Smokey violet
- Name: China Glaze Jungle Queen
- Collection: China Glaze On Safari Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze On Safari Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze On Safari Collection: Jungle Queen, Exotic Encounters, Adventure Red-y, Man Hunt, Kalahari Kiss, Elephant Walk, Call of the Wild, Prey Tell, Desert Sun, I’m Not Lion, I Herd That & Purr-Fect Plum
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: $3.12 CAD
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trans Design, Nailsupplies, 8ty8Beauty & Victoria Nail Supply
China Glaze Jungle Queen Review
This hue is one of the more sophisticated or mature colours you’ll see me wear. Haha, normally I’m wearing something that’s loud, crazy, or very colourful! This is the only kind of gray that I really feel comfortable wearing.
This polish looks like a creme when it’s on your nails, but there is very slight shimmer you can see in the sunlight. This shimmer is a brighter violet, which is really complementary.
Application & Formula
The polish was easy to apply, however, it had that thick-yet-runny consistency. As long as you expect it, it’s easy to work with.
One coat covers a lot of the nail already, and then a second coat makes it completely opaque. I’m very pleased with the pigmentation of Jungle Queen – she didn’t make me swing from the vine or wear a loin cloth to get a good manicure. 😉
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Jungle Queen by China Glaze is a different colour than I’m used to wearing, and since I liked it, I wore this manicure for about 5 days straight. 🙂 This is a great palate cleanser for me, especially since I’ve been wearing lots of bright hues lately.
Do you still like grayish purples, or do you feel like they’ve been done to death? What shades of gray do you prefer to wear?