China Glaze Adventure Red-y is a classic red creme polish from the China Glaze On Safari Collection.
It isn’t the most unique or special, but the ease of application thanks to the great formula should win some points!
You know, even though I tend to reach more for my greens, purples, and blues, there are days when I crave a sexy red. It’s sharp and traditional.
Do you ever feel the same way and get a craving seemingly out of nowhere to sport a red polish?
China Glaze Adventure Red-y Pictures
China Glaze Adventure Red-y Ingredients
China Glaze Adventure Red-y Swatches
All swatches have:
√ Vivid red
- Name: China Glaze Adventure Red-y
- Collection: China Glaze On Safari Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze On Safari Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze On Safari Collection: Adventure Red-y, Man Hunt, Exotic Encounters, Jungle Queen, Kalahari Kiss, I’m Not Lion, Call of the Wild, Desert Sun, I Herd That, Elephant Walk, Purr-fect Plum & Prey Tell
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Victoria Nail Supply, Trans Design, Nailsupplies & 8ty8Beauty
China Glaze Adventure Red-y Review
Adventure Red-y by China Glaze is a sexy, bold red that I feel pretty much anyone can pull off because it’s not too orange or too dark. It’s just right!
The colour shown in my flash photos are the most accurate. What you see in the sunlight photos are washed out due to the really strong and very yellow sun. The actual shade isn’t so orange or muted – this is definitely a strong and true red.
It has a creme formula, so there aren’t any bells and whistles. It’s simple and straight-forward, which makes it a good choice if you’re looking for a base polish for nail art.
Application & Formula
Application was easy peasy because the formula isn’t too thick or too thin. You can control where it goes.
It’s very pigmented, so even with a single coat, you get a lot of coverage. Then with a second coat, you get full opacity.
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Despite this red being generic, it’s the great formula that makes it a great choice. Most of us who are into nail polish probably already have a good red, but if you’re just starting out and are looking for one, I think you’ll like this one.
When do you reach for a red nail polish? Was red the first colour you ever wore on your nails? (My first nail polish was a frosty beige – it was my mom’s and I was in elementary school.)