How’s the weather where you are? In the last little while, the temperature has taken quite a dip.
It’s beginning to feel like fall, and I’m excited because that means no humidity, which also spells no frizzy hair! (Woo hoo!)
When I think of autumn, the first colours that come to mind are reds, oranges, and bronzes. However, during this time of year, I really like rich grape tones and deep plums.
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum is from the On Safari Collection, and it’s a great fall shade! It looks more reddish and burgundy than my pictures would suggest, but in certain lighting, it can look a bit purplish.
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum Pictures
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum Ingredients
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 2 coats of China Glaze Purr-fect Plum
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
√ Bold burgundy (In some lighting, yes, it can look a bit purplish!)
- Name: China Glaze Purr-fect Plum
- Collection: China Glaze On Safari Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze On Safari Collection press release
- Colours Available in the China Glaze On Safari Collection: Adventure Red-y, Man Hunt, Exotic Encounters, Jungle Queen, Kalahari Kiss, I’m Not Lion, Call of the Wild, Desert Sun, I Herd That, Elephant Walk, Purr-fect Plum & Prey Tell
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trans Design, Victoria Nail Supply, 8ty8Beauty, Head2Toe & Nailsupplies
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum Review
While I don’t think Purr-fect Plum by China Glaze is an original colour, I still think it’s a great conservative fall shade.
It’s dark without being a near-black and it seems to look slightly different depending on the lighting.
I think it’s because there’s a red undertone, so you get a berry tone that sometimes looks more purple and other times more burgundy.
When I wore this for the first time, I was in a meeting at work and, out of the blue, my boss told me he liked my nail polish and asked what colour it was. Hehe, yup, he knows all too well about my nail addiction. (Can’t hide it from anyone at work…not that I’m even trying to!)
Purr-fect Plum by China Glaze is a simple creme polish. It doesn’t have any bling, but the finish is beautiful and shiny, so that makes up for it.
I think there’s something really elegant and understated about a creme polish in a shade like this. And since I tend to wear a lot of flashy colours, this was a pleasant change of pace.
Application & Formula
The formula on this was slightly watery, so be careful not to load up your brush too much, or you might flood your cuticles. As long as you’re aware of that, you’ll have no major issues with this formula. It glides on smoothly, and you only need 2 coats to fully cover the nail line. Plus it has a wonderful shine!
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Purr-fect Plum by China Glaze is a very traditional colour. For me, traditional colours are actually novelties since I don’t typically wear them.
I could still appreciate this one because the finish is nice and shiny. And I don’t feel like I have to fight and arm-wrestle with the formula – it goes on without a hiccup!
Do you wear plum polishes in the fall? What’s the most traditional lacquer you own and enjoy wearing? What’s the craziest colour you’ve ever worn?