OPI Kitty White from the Hello Kitty Collection is a pearly white that sparkles in a similar way that snow does when the sunshine kisses it gently.
It’s ‘purrfect’ for a icy kittycure!
While it’s pretty, I couldn’t picture myself wearing it as a full manicure solo. That’s why I chose to layer it over Super Cute in Pink, which is from the same collection.
The result was a soft-yet-glam pink that seems very appropriate for Valentine’s Day.
Edit: In case you want to see what OPI Kitty White looks like solo, I’ve included a quick swatch of it without the layering later in this post.
OPI Kitty White Pictures
OPI Kitty White Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Kitty White
- 3 coats of OPI Super Cute in Pink (Provided by PR)
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Without layering, here’s what OPI Kitty White looks like. (By itself, it needs 3-4 coats for full coverage. I used 4 coats.)
Natural Light Photos
- Pearly white (Yes)
- Name: OPI Kitty White
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Kitty White Review
Kitty White by OPI is a pearly white that’s fairy-like and soft. It’s sheer enough that you can use it for layering.
You can get closer to the bottle colour if you use several coats of this polish, however, as you see in my photos, I preferred to use this polish for layering.
It does a great job at lightening whatever coloured nail polish you’re wearing and giving it an ethereal feel that catches the light.
The finish is pearly, but it’s not like an old-fashioned frosty polish that shows brushstrokes. It goes on quite evenly, and it makes your manicure twinkle delicately.
As expected, the surface of my nails with this on felt smooth and not gritty.
Application & Formula
The formula was good, and I could easily spread it onto my nails without much effort. However, when using it for layering, keep in mind that if you apply a coat that is thicker in some spots, it can show unevenness. That’s because the thicker areas will appear whiter.
Also worth mentioning is that when you use it for layering, the edges of your nails may appear darker than the middle. It’ll be even more prominent if your nails are curvy. (My nails have a strong curve, so it’s very noticeable.) If you have flatter nails, this may not be an issue.
Final Verdict: 6/10
I’m not crazy about pearly white polishes in general, so this polish wasn’t my favourite in the fun OPI Hello Kitty Collection. There were definitely other colours that made my heart race more.
If you like a soft colour that can be used by itself for white and pearly nails with shimmer or if you enjoy transforming other base colours by layering this on top, you may appreciate it more.
Would you layer this polish or wear it solo? If you layered it, what would you wear it over?