After so many spring and cutesy polishes, it’s time for something to take you to the dark side! (Hey, maybe you’re going to sport some anti-Valentine’s-Day nails, right?)
OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends from the Hello Kitty Collection takes a manicure into the Witching Hour with a glossy jet black that practically cackles with delight!
At first glance, OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends may seem like the black sheep (hehe or black cat, in this case), but it certainly belongs in the Hello Kitty Collection.
If you’re creating Hello Kitty nail art, the black will come in handy for outlining and adding details. Black nail polish is a staple for any nail art.
Instead of nudes and soft shades, sometimes, I like to use black nail polish as a palate cleanser. And it doesn’t have to be during Hallowe’en or the colder months. (I’ve been known to sport black even in the dead of summer because a great dark manicure excites me as much as a bright one.)
OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends Pictures
OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Inky black (Yes)
- Name: OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay stores (I don’t see it on the website anymore.), professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Never Have Too Mani Friends Review
Never Have Too Mani Friends by OPI is your standard beautiful black that paints midnight onto your tips and makes you feel gothic, even if you’re wearing corporate attire with a bright colour combination! 😉
There’s something about a black manicure that I love so much, regardless of the season and trends. Black is timeless. It goes with almost everything in my wardrobe, and it’s dramatic.
Even if you don’t go full throttle and paint all your nails black, this polish comes in handy for so many nail-art designs. It’s a staple.
Shiny and smooth, Never Have Too Mani Friends by OPI is exceptionally creamy. It’s a traditional black nail polish that doesn’t have any glitter or special effects. It’s simple, yet it’s so stunning!
When you remove it, it comes off without any hassles, and it doesn’t stick to your cuticles in an annoying way. You can get it off completely and cleanly.
Application & Formula
Yes, the formula is wonderful! I only needed to use two coats to get full coverage, and the application was effortless! It’s everything I expect from a black lacquer.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Although I’m excited about the vivid spring nail polishes, a great black will always win my heart over because it has a seductive quality built-in. Ohh-la-la!
If you’re like me and get a thrill from super-dark nails from time to time, OPI Never Too Mani Friends will be right up your manicure alley, too.
Do you sport dark nails in the spring and summer? What’s your favourite black nail polish? Were you surprised to see a black nail polish in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection?