Don’t look now, but my nails are mooning you! 😉
I’ve gone ‘plum crazy’ over this plum: OPI I’m in the Moon for Love from the Starlight Collection!
It reminds me slightly of the first non-drugstore nail polish that I’ve ever purchased: OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not. Although it’s not a dupe, they’re like sisters.
This shade is nostalgic for me because long before my love of green nail polishes, I was in love with berries, plums, and purples.
OPI I’m in the Moon for Love is one of those easy-to-wear colours because it’s not dark and not bright – just right and with a touch of subtle shimmer.
OPI I’m in the Moon for Love Pictures
OPI I’m in the Moon for Love Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI I’m in the Moon for Love
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Plum (Yes)
- Name: OPI I’m in the Moon for Love
- Collection: OPI Starlight Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Starlight Collection press release and promo pictures!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Starlight Collection preview!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Love Is In My Cards, Romance on the Moon, Guys & Galaxies, I’m in the Moon for Love, Cosmo with a Twist, Give Me Space, The Center of the Youniverse, Superstar Status, I Drive a Supernova, By the Light of the Moon, Comet Closer, Is This Star Taken, Infraredy to Glow, Let Your Love Shine, Celestial Is More, Press for Silver, Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Meteorite & No More Mr. Night Sky
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay & select beauty destinations
OPI I’m in the Moon for Love Review
I’m in the Moon for Love by OPI is a berry-toned plum is a colour that I consider to be a safe choice because while it’s very pretty, it isn’t too edgy or loud.
It’s the kind of polish that I can easily sport on those days when I’m not sure what to wear, and it makes me smile because it reminds me of the purples and plums that I first gravitated toward when I began collecting nail polishes more seriously since 2008.
From a normal viewing distance, I’m in the Moon for Love by OPI looks like a very shiny creme nail polish, but there’s very subtle micro-shimmer running throughout that adds ‘life’ to the finish. You’ll see the shimmer more when inspecting your nails closely or when the light hits it.
Application & Formula
It goes on very smoothly, as though it were a full-on creme. And you only need two coats to get full coverage. Great pigmentation!
Final Verdict: 9/10
I’m in the Moon for Love by OPI is a plum that many will find easy to wear for nearly any occasion. It’s like your favourite sweater that you want to pull out again and again. 🙂
When did you begin collecting nail polish? What are some of your sentimental shades? Would you ever want to live on another planet?