OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not may not be the most original colour or one that you’d pick out in a line-up, but it holds so much strong significance to me that I’ll always cherish it.
In high school, I had 14-17 bottles of nail polish, which was a major deal to me. It was more than any of my other friends had, and it took a few years to get to that point.
Then, in university, I hardly wore polish. It was a few years after I graduated and was working when I went to buy some shampoo from Trade Secrets. An OPI mini set caught my eye. It was from La Collection de France back in 2008.
That’s the point when I rekindled my love for polish. It was more dangerous this time around because I had a full-time job, and I didn’t have to set aside any money for tuition or school-related expenses. Polish money! 😉
OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not was the first lacquer I ever tried outside drugstore polishes. It opened up a whole new world, and that’s when I began collecting purples like a fiend before lusting over greens.
OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not Pictures
OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not Ingredients
OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not Swatches
All swatches have:
- Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat
- 3 coats of OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Dim Natural Light Photos
- Name: OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not
- Collection: OPI La Collection de France (2008)
- Colours Available in the OPI La Collection de France: Louvre Me Louvre Me Not, You Don’t Know Jacques, Parlez-Vous OPI?, Tickle My France-y, We’ll Always Have Paris, A Oui Bit of Red, Baguette Me Not, Bastille My Heart, Crepes Suziette, Eiffel for This Color, I’m Fondue of You & Yes…I Can-Can!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: $9.95 CAD or so (Whatever the retail price for OPIs was back in 2008 was what I paid.)
- Where to Buy: eBay? (Trade Secrets no longer carries this old polish, and I can’t think of anywhere online where you can get this.)
OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not Review
Louvre Me Louvre Me Not by OPI is a pretty medium-dark purple with subtle fuchsia and blurple (bluish purple) shimmer.
In real life, it was most vivid in the sunlight, however, my photos don’t do it justice in that lighting.
This is a saturated plummy kind of purple that isn’t bright, but it also isn’t vampy. Even in dim light, you can tell that it isn’t black.
Louvre Me Louvre Me Not by OPI has a shimmer finish that keeps it from looking too flat. I love how there are 2 different colours of shimmer.
Application & Formula
The formula was pretty good. You really only need 2 coats to achieve full opacity, but since I always only wore it with 2 in the past, this time I tried using 3 coats. With that extra coat, the colour seemed to darken up very slightly, but the personality of the polish remained the same.
Final Verdict: 8/10
The OPI La Collection de France holds a special place in my heart, and Louvre Me Louvre Me Not is the first polish I bought when I started collecting polishes more seriously.
This shade of purple is very easy to wear, and although I have tons of other purple polishes, I’ll always cherish this one.
What year did you really get into polish? Which lacquer was the first one you bought when you started collecting? Do you hold a particular polish near and dear to your heart?