OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails from the Washington DC Collection is a polarizing geese-poop green. You’ll either love it (like I do), or you’ll think that it’s one of those fugly shades.
Earthy greens like OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails is a comfort colour in my manicure repertoire. This is totally a “me” hue, and I’m never at a loss when it comes to pairing it with anything in my wardrobe.
With understated elegance, this olive green commands attention without being flashy, and that’s why I’m drawn to it. It expresses mature sentiment while still offering a youthful twist. This dichotomy intrigues me in nail polish and in general.
P.S. Loyal readers will note my little hiatus. A while back, I broke one of my nails very badly in an unfortunate accident. It was the first time that I had ever done that! My nail tore very deep, halfway down the nail bed horizontally, and it was very painful! It has now grown out past the nail line, so I feel comfortable going forward with swatches. (The swatches of OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails in this post were taken before my nail broke. Stay tuned because in the near future, I will have new Zoya and OPI holiday nail swatches!)
OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails Pictures
OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Olive green (Yes)
- Name: OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails
- Collection: OPI Washington DC Collection (Fall/Winter 2016)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Washington DC Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Washington DC Collection swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Stay Off the Lawn!!, Never a Dulles Moment, Yank My Doodle, Squeaker of the House, Madam President, We the Female, Suzi – The First Lady of Nails, Pale to the Chief, Freedom of Peach, Shh…It’s Top Secret!, OPI by Popular Vote, CIA = Color is Awesome, Kerry Blossom (limited edition), “Liv” in the Gray (limited edition) & Inside the ISABELLEtway (limited edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada (currently out of stock, but you can add your e-mail to the Notify Me list), Macy’s, ULTA Beauty, Chatters Hair Salons & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails Review
OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails is a colour that spins around in my wheelhouse. It’s an olive green that I could never get tired of. (If I weren’t a nail blogger, I would wear this shade happily for repeat manicures over the course of several weeks straight.)
For those who aren’t into greens, I think this one would be a good one to start with because it isn’t over-the-top like others, and it has a sophistication and neutrality to it that makes it easy to wear.
There’s something very calming about earthy greens, yet they have a fun twist that draws me to them. (Hehe, if you followed my blog for a while, you already know just how much I love green nail polish.)
Having a creme finish, OPI Suzi – The First Lady of Nails is a total classic. It goes on creamy and dreamy, which gets two thumbs up from me! 🙂
Application & Formula
I loved how this green nail polish applied. It was pigmented and smooth with the initial coat, and with a second coat, I was able to achieve full opacity. You shouldn’t need to use more than two coats for great coverage.
Even without applying a top coat, it was already shiny, but, as usual, I recommend that you use a glossy top coat to maximize its brilliance!
As with most cremes, this one is no exception in that it easily comes off with remover without having to scrub your poor paws raw.
As with all current OPI nail polishes, this one doesn’t contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.
Nail Polish Name
The First Lady of Nails refers to Suzi Weiss-Fischmann from OPI. (In case you’re new to my blog, be sure to check out my following posts for the times when I met her in person!)
- October 14, 2012 – Dinner
- March 18, 2013 – OPI San Francisco Media Launch
- October 1, 2013 – Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Media Launch
- October 31, 2014 – OPI Hawaii Media Launch
Final Verdict: 10/10
This green is totally up my alley because earthy shades like this are not only in my Comfort Zone, but I find that they have a calming effect while still being edgy.
Do you like geese poop greens, too? What are your favourite shades of green? Is there a colour from the OPI holiday 2016 collection that you’d like to see me swatch? (I will be posting swatches of the entire collection in an upcoming post soon.)