OPI Never a Dulles Moment from the Washington DC Collection is the kind of yellow that would make a canary shake its tail feathers while cocking its head to one side to look thoughtful!
Many people shy away from wearing yellow on their nails for fear of looking like they’ve been struck with a severe case of jaundice, but I urge everyone to try it a few times. Once you find the one with the right undertone, it’ll add that boost of ‘cheer’ that turns your half-empty glass into one that’s half-full.
OPI Never a Dulles Moment Pictures
OPI Never a Dulles Moment Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Never a Dulles Moment
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Yellow (Yes)
- Name: OPI Never a Dulles Moment
- Collection: OPI Washington DC Collection (Fall/Winter 2016)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Washington DC Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Washington DC Collection swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Stay Off the Lawn!!, Never a Dulles Moment, Yank My Doodle, Squeaker of the House, Madam President, We the Female, Suzi – The First Lady of Nails, Pale to the Chief, Freedom of Peach, Shh…It’s Top Secret!, OPI by Popular Vote, CIA = Color is Awesome, Kerry Blossom (limited edition), “Liv” in the Gray (limited edition) & Inside the ISABELLEtway (limited edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada, Macy’s, ULTA Beauty, Chatters Hair Salons & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Never a Dulles Moment Review
Never a Dulles Moment by OPI is a fresh yellow that isn’t too bright or orange-based, so it will flatter a wide range of skin tones.
It’s not quite as vibrant as a canary yellow, but it still lends a pop of colour that can create a statement. This is especially interesting if you pair it with subdued neutrals.
The creme finish is elegant and doesn’t add unnecessary bells or whistles to a nail polish that’s already more jovial than a banana doing the twist!
Application & Formula
Application was pain-free, which is a rarity when it comes to yellow nail polishes. If you’ve dared to enter this territory, you know that yellows can sometimes be a nightmare. However, Never a Dulles Moment by OPI applied smoothly, and it can easily be built up to achieve full opacity in three coats.
Upon removal, I didn’t see any staining, which let me breathe a sigh of relief.
As with all current OPI nail polishes, this one doesn’t contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Although OPI Never a Dulles Moment isn’t the best yellow that I’ve ever tried, the formula is pretty good, and it only needs three coats to get full coverage.
If you’ve have trouble landing a clean yellow that pops, you may want to try this one!
What’s the best yellow nail polish that you’ve ever worn, or do you tend not to sport yellow nails?