OPI Purple Palazzo Pants is the kind of purple-toned pink that I admire in the bottle. But it’s probably too cool-toned for my skin. Nevertheless, like peace, I give polish a chance! (You never know if you’ll land on one that flatters.)
It reminded me a bit of OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender, a polish that I know I have somewhere around here. (Back in the day, I wore that, and it sadly didn’t work out for me. It would look incredible on someone whose skin tone is either richer or fairer than mine.)
When I first laid eyes on OPI Purple Palazzo Pants, which is from the OPI Venice Collection for Fall/Winter 2015 that I did a Quick Look post on, it reminded me right away of MAC Dodgy Girl, the cool-toned purplish-pink lipstick that I lusted after, even though I can’t quite pull it off!
Life is too short to put extra restrictions on yourself when it comes to having fun with colour, and nail polish is an easy way to infuse the rainbow into your day.
I try to practice what I preach, so even though this colour may not be the most flattering on me, I wore it for a couple of days because I like it. And, so far, nobody has made a distasteful comment to my face or from behind a screen about it.
(Maybe that sounds like an invitation to trolls. It’s not! However, I’ve had my fair share of trolls over the years who leave mean-spirited comments on social media or via e-mail. No worries – after all, I’ve got my ‘big girl palazzo pants’ on now, right? 😉 Hehe!)
OPI Purple Palazzo Pants Pictures
OPI Purple Palazzo Pants Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Purple Palazzo Pants
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Pastel lilac (Yes)
- Name: OPI Purple Palazzo Pants
- Collection: OPI Venice Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Venice Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Venice Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: A Great Opera-tunity, It’s a Piazza Cake, Worth a Pretty Penne, Tiramisu for Two, Amore at the Grand Canal, Gimme a Lido Kiss, Be There in a Prosecco, I Cannoli Wear OPI, Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, O Suzi Mio, My Gondola or Yours?, Venice the Party? (Limited-edition), Baroque…But Still Shopping! (Limited-edition) & St. Mark’s the Spot (Limited-edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Hudson’s Bay, Nail Polish Canada, Trade Secrets & select beauty shops/spas/salons
OPI Purple Palazzo Pants Review
Purple Palazzo Pants by OPI is right smack in the middle of purple and pink, so even if you’re not a fan of wearing one of them, this is a sweet little bridge, helping you to become friends with both. (Build bridges, not walls, as they say!)
Since it’s cool-toned, if you have a neutral or warm skin tone, it may be trickier to pull off, but don’t let that prevent you from wearing and enjoying what you love.
Creme finishes are growing on me more. As each year passes, I’m learning to appreciate the beauty in simplicity. It’s practical because cremes like this are fuss-free – easy to paint with and to remove afterwards. No scrubbing your paws raw!
Application & Formula
The formula was wonderful because it was creamy and smooth. I only felt the need to use two coats because, at that point, it covered the nail line pretty well.
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
I really enjoy this kind of colour because it’s playful, and it has a hint of the purple to make it different than a baby pink!
Do you prefer purples, pinks, or purplish pinks? Is there a nail-polish colour you wear that doesn’t quite flatter your skin tone, but you still wear it because you love it?