OPI A Great Opera-tunity from the Venice Collection is a soft melon that has a smidgeon of pink that differentiates it from other peachy shades in my stash.
Although I’ve learned to love peach on my nails, this particular hue was never the kind that caught my attention. But, like I’m always harping on here, you sometimes need to give a shade a shot in order to find out if it works for you or not. And with a name like “A Great Opera-tunity,” it’s appropriately named!
If you’re like me and have a yellow undertone, colours like this can look a little “off” against your skin. However, I was delighted to discover that it balanced the seesaw so it didn’t clash, but it also didn’t blend into my skin like a Band-Aid.
There’s also another thing about this polish that I really enjoyed. Check out the rest of this review to find out what it was.
OPI A Great Opera-tunity Pictures
OPI A Great Opera-tunity Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI A Great Opera-tunity
- Pretty Serious Aqua Coat Top Coat (Provided by Pretty Serious)
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Lush melon (Yes)
- Name: OPI A Great Opera-tunity
- Collection: OPI Venice Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Venice Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Venice Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: A Great Opera-tunity, It’s a Piazza Cake, Worth a Pretty Penne, Tiramisu for Two, Amore at the Grand Canal, Gimme a Lido Kiss, Be There in a Prosecco, I Cannoli Wear OPI, Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, O Suzi Mio, My Gondola or Yours?, Venice the Party? (Limited-edition), Baroque…But Still Shopping! (Limited-edition) & St. Mark’s the Spot (Limited-edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Hudson’s Bay, Nail Polish Canada, Trade Secrets & select beauty shops/spas/salons
OPI A Great Opera-tunity Review
A Great Opera-tunity by OPI reminds me of delicate chiffon dresses, flowy blouses, and dainty veils. This particular shade of melon has a hint of pink, so it’s not strictly a peach.
As you can see from my photos in artificial and natural lighting, it can look like a completely different nail polish. (To clear any confusion, the most accurate photos in this case are the ones in natural lighting, although in person, it’s a tad lighter.)
This colour can be tricky to pull off, as it’s not universally flattering on many skin tones. However, don’t let that deter you – give it a go! (If you’ve never tried something similar, it may surprise you.)
The creme finish is timeless, easygoing, and simple to remove. You can dress it up or keep it looking classic as-is. That’s the beauty of it – so versatile!
Application & Formula
A Great Opera-tunity by OPI has one of the brand’s better formulas because it’s smooth and pigmented. It flows onto the nails easily, and you have great control over the lacquer using the Pro-Wide brush.
To achieve full opacity, I only needed two coats. You shouldn’t need more than that, if you’re careful with your application.
Final Verdict: 8/10
It’s amazing how when I first glanced at OPI A Great Opera-tunity in the bottle, I didn’t think much of it. Then, when I finally tried it out, I found myself admiring my nails and appreciating how this isn’t a typical peach – it has a slight twist that makes it pretty special in my collection.
What nail polish have you worn that makes you feel elegant? What is an opportunity that you’ve taken recently? Which other colour would you like me to review from the OPI Venice Collection?