If you want something blingy, and you’re not the type to wear jewellery, OPI My Signature Is “DC” is a great option.
The only major concern with this nail polish is that it isn’t forgiving if you have a less-than-perfect nail surface.
Most people don’t have naturally smooth nails. Don’t fret if you have ridges. I have them, too, but it doesn’t bother me. I am human…except when I’m an alien on the weekend. 😉
OPI My Signature Is “DC” Pictures
OPI My Signature Is “DC” Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI My Signature Is “DC”
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Silver (Yes)
- Name: OPI My Signature Is “DC”
- Collection: OPI Coca-Cola Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Coca-Cola Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see the Quick Look post I did on the OPI Coca-Cola Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Coca-Cola Red, You’re So Vain-illa, Get Cherried Away, My Signature Is “DC”, Today I Accomplished Zero, Green on the Runway, A Grape Affair, Orange You Fantastic! & Sorry I’m Fizzy Today
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI My Signature Is “DC” Review
My Signature Is “DC” by OPI is a very majestic colour that brings to mind platinum treasures. It’s very blingy, so if you’re not into metallics on your nails, this might not be the right fit for you.
Fortunately for me, this polish snuggled up to the right person, and I welcomed it with open arms and naked nails. 😉
Silvers can be difficult for me to pull off, but I think because this is a bright one (as opposed to one that leans more grey), it works better.
This has a highly reflective shimmery-chrome finish. It’s not flat at all – when you move your nails, they catch the light and are very lively!
It’s the type of polish that looks exactly the same with and without a shiny top coat.
Application & Formula
My Signature Is “DC” by OPI applied beautifully. The formula is very pigmented. With one coat, it covered pretty well, but it took two coats for complete opacity.
The only issue with this polish is that it won’t conceal nail ridges. That doesn’t bother me much because, as you know, I’m not one to strive for perfection. Happiness is more important to me.
However, not everyone is like me, and that’s okay. The world needs to be diverse to be beautiful.
If you really don’t want to see ridges, you will need to either buff your nails first or wear a ridge-concealing base coat prior to wearing OPI My Signature Is “DC”.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
OPI My Signature Is “DC” is a gorgeous polish that is very fun to wear. I’d sport it any time, but I can see how this would be most suitable for a ‘celebratory’ event like New Year’s Eve.
Do you wear silver nail polish? Does seeing nail ridges bother you? Do you buff your nails, wear a ridge-concealing base coat, or keep your nail surface as-is?