OPI Coca-Cola Red from the Coca-Cola Collection is a softer red that exactly matches the can of pop.
I don’t wear reds as often as other colours, but when I do, I dig it. It’s a classic!
Since this is a more muted red, I feel like it’s very versatile and lots of people will be able to wear this. It’s so easy to pull off, compared to bolder reds that may intimidate some.
(Hehe, I’m never intimidated by bold shades, so that doesn’t apply to me, and I’m very fortunate to be working in an office that allows me to wear all different shades and even nail art, if I want.)
OPI Coca-Cola Red Pictures
OPI Coca-Cola Red Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Coca-Cola Red
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Red (Yes)
- Name: OPI Coca-Cola Red
- Collection: OPI Coca-Cola Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Coca-Cola Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see the Quick Look post I did on the OPI Coca-Cola Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Coca-Cola Red, You’re So Vain-illa, Get Cherried Away, My Signature Is “DC”, Today I Accomplished Zero, Green on the Runway, A Grape Affair, Orange You Fantastic! & Sorry I’m Fizzy Today
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI Coca-Cola Red Review
If ever there was a colour that had to be nailed, it’s Coca-Cola Red by OPI because that shade is a true classic. Goof up that colour, even by a tinge, and everybody would notice. Thankfully, they hit the bull’s-eye – right on target!
It’s a softer red, so even if you’re intimidated by a strong red, I think you’ll find this one easy to wear.
In classic fashion, this has a creme finish, so there’s absolutely no shimmer. The simple finish puts all the attention on the colour.
Application & Formula
Like a great creme, this one was no exception. It flowed easily onto the nail with hardly any effort. One coat covered nicely, but you’ll get the best look with two coats. And I don’t think you’d need more than that.
Final Verdict: 7/10
If you’re looking for a muted red or if you’re a big fan of Coca-Cola, I think you’ll really enjoy OPI Coca-Cola Red. 🙂
What’s your favourite red to sport? How often do you drink Coca-Cola? (I think I drink only 2 cans per year.) Can you taste the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi? (Believe it or not, I’ve never had Pepsi.)