OPI My Favorite Ornament is one of the new shades from the Mariah Carey Holiday Collection.
It’s not typically a shade that I wear, but I’m always up for trying nail polishes that are out of my comfort zone. (By experimenting, sometimes that’s when you discover new shades you like.)
I enjoyed how sparkly and dazzling this champagne glitter looked on my nails. And while it’s blingtastic, it’s still somehow delicate and sophisticated. I felt like this is a great shade for a glitter lover who wants a more mature option than the chunky, bold versions on the market.
OPI My Favorite Ornament Pictures
OPI My Favorite Ornament Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI My Favorite Ornament
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Champagne glitter (Yes)
- Name: OPI My Favorite Ornament
- Collection: OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Visions of Love, My Favorite Ornament, All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI), Cute Little Vixen, Underneath the Mistletoe, In My Santa Suit, Warm Me Up, Wonderous Star, All Sparkly and Gold, Sleigh Ride for Two, Ski Slope Sweetie, I Snow You Love Me, Silent Stars Go By, Baby Please Come Home, Make Him Mine, It’s Frosty Outside, Emotions & Kiss Me at Midnight
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa, salon & beauty-supply stores
OPI My Favorite Ornament Review
Champagne is a great way to describe My Favorite Ornament by OPI because it is a pale gold that looks light, luxurious, and reminiscent of the decadent life.
I’m not used to sporting such delicate, sophisticated glitters like this, but I really enjoyed it. There’s something to be said about a glitter that can be soft yet sparkle like crazy!
While the shade is light, it never appeared so pale that it came across as a silver. And that’s a great thing for me because I find it challenging to wear a lot of silvers. Gold(en) hues seem to complement the yellow undertones in my skin.
This nail polish really reminds me of Mariah Carey because she likes to wear a lot of these kind of colours. I think it’s a great addition to her collection.
My Favorite Ornament by OPI isn’t advertised as having a Liquid Sand finish, so I was surprised to notice that there was noticeable texture. It felt gritty, not like a regular glitter polish, but actually like a Liquid Sand!
That may be a negative point for those who aren’t into the textured-nail trend, but since I am totally on board, I was thrilled! (In fact, that’s exactly the reason why I didn’t apply a top coat. I wanted to enjoy the grittiness.)
If you apply a top coat, you could smooth it out, but I don’t know if it would enhance the sparkle because even worn as-is, it reflects the light like a crazy disco ball!
No matter what angle your nails catch the light, the glitter will dance and twinkle on your nails like a fairy rolling around in pixie dust.
Application & Formula
Even though it’s a light colour, I only needed to use 2 coats to fully cover my nails.
The formula was superb – it glided on evenly and easily, so it made the painting process whiz right by. (I love nail polishes that cooperate, don’t you?)
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
My Favorite Ornament by OPI was a pleasant surprise for me, and I’d be interested in exploring more champagne shades like this in the future.
Do you wear champagne shades on your nails, or are bold golds more your style? Do you prefer neutrals or loud colours when it comes to your clothing?