OPI Visions of Love from the Mariah Carey Holiday Collection is deep and dark. The formula is glossy and rich, as you can see!
It’s not the typical nail polish I reach for, but there are times when I’m really craving something mysterious like this.
Remember Mariah Carey’s song, Vision of Love? It’s still one of my all-time favourites from her. I really love classic Mariah when she really belted it out and showed off her vocal prowess.
Do you have a favourite album or song by the songbird? Who would you love to see her collaborate with? I can picture a really interesting tune evolving if she parntered with Christina Aguilera.
OPI Visions of Love Pictures
OPI Visions of Love Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Visions of Love
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Rich burgundy (Yes)
- Name: OPI Visions of Love
- Collection: OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Mariah Carey Collection for Holiday 2013 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Visions of Love, My Favorite Ornament, All I Want for Christmas (Is OPI), Cute Little Vixen, Underneath the Mistletoe, In My Santa Suit, Warm Me Up, Wonderous Star, All Sparkly and Gold, Sleigh Ride for Two, Ski Slope Sweetie, I Snow You Love Me, Silent Stars Go By, Baby Please Come Home, Make Him Mine, It’s Frosty Outside, Emotions & Kiss Me at Midnight
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa, salon & beauty-supply stores
OPI Visions of Love Review
Visions of Love by OPI is a red-based plum that’s so dark and mysterious, it’s perfect for the fall and winter, although you can wear any shade you want no matter the season.
When I’m craving something gothic, I tend to wear a straight-up jet black, but when you want a little variety, a colour like this is fun to wear.
OPI Visions of Love has a gorgeous, creamy finish that is simple and allows the colour to shine through without any distractions.
The beauty of a creme finish is that it’s a cinch to remove. No scrubbing your nails raw!
Application & Formula
I had no difficulty applying this polish because it went on smoothly. And I only needed 2 coats to get complete coverage, which is always a plus for any lacquer!
Final Verdict: 7/10
The great formula and the rich shade both get top scores. The only reason I deducted some points was because this colour isn’t my favourite. That being said, it’s just a personal preference. If you dig these kind of burgundies, I think you’ll love it more than I do!
When you want to wear something vampy on your nails, what do you tend to reach for? Can you remember the first Mariah Carey song you first heard?