As you know, I’m usually all about bold colours, so OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes from the Holland Collection is waaaay out of my comfort zone.
OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes is a ladylike muted rose, and I can’t say that I have ever reached for this kind of colour. It’s very safe, which means that it usually is off my radar.
But when I had the opportunity to give it a spin, I was curious like a cat to see if this could be the shade that would pique my interest in this colour family or not.
If you wear a lot of cream, white, tan, or brown clothing, though, I can see this looking really amazing as a complementary colour.
OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes Pictures
OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
- Name: OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes
- Collection: OPI Holland Collection Spring/Summer 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Holland Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Holland Collection: I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!, Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, I Have a Herring Problem, Wooden Shoe Like to Know?, A Roll in the Hague, Red Lights Ahead…Where?, Kiss Me on My Tulips, Pedal Faster Suzi!, Dutch ‘Ya Just Love OPI?, Vampsterdam, Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? & Thanks a WindMillion
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa & beauty-supply stores
OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes Review
If a neon nail polish screams at the top of its lungs, Gouda Gouda Two Shoes from the OPI Holland Collection is a demure rose that whispers.
It’s very easy to wear and suitable for those who want something subtle that’s appropriate for a workplace that doesn’t allow for crazy colours.
I’d describe Gouda Gouda Two Shoes as a dusty salmon that leans a touch orange. In full-on sunlight, this slight orange quality seems to come out more. And in dim natural light, it takes on almost a rosy, terra-cotta hue.
Although it sometimes looks like a creme polish, OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes actually has a shimmer finish. It’s very subtle, but when the sunlight hits it, you can see it.
The shimmer seems to be a delicate gold, and I think I can see a little bit of pink, too.
Application & Formula
Gouda Gouda Two Shoes by OPI has a runny formula, so when applying it, try to be extra careful, or you could flood your cuticles.
To achieve full opacity, I only needed 2 coats.
Final Verdict: 5/10
There’s nothing inherently wrong with Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, which is why I didn’t “Bust” it. However, the colour is so safe that it really didn’t excite me since I tend to hyperventilate over greens, blues, and purples. 😉
If you enjoy soft colours that are ladylike and more natural, this could very well be the one for you. 🙂
Do you wear muted-rose polishes? Were you a goody goody two shoes when you were a kid?