When I heard about OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know?, the first thing that came to mind was a joke from the musical, Mary Poppins.
Do you remember the joke about a man with a wooden leg named Smith? (The awful punchline was: What was the name of his other leg?) Haha, it was really cheesy when I was a kid, but it still makes me smile now.
Wooden Shoe Like to Know? from the OPI Holland Collection reminds me a lot of Whoppers…but maybe I’m craving something chocolatey as I write this.
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Pictures
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
√ Shimmery chocolate-brown
- Name: OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know?
- Collection: OPI Holland Collection Spring/Summer 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Holland Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Holland Collection: I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!, Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, I Have a Herring Problem, Wooden Shoe Like to Know?, A Roll in the Hague, Red Lights Ahead…Where?, Kiss Me on My Tulips, Pedal Faster Suzi!, Dutch ‘Ya Just Love OPI?, Vampsterdam, Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? & Thanks a WindMillion
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa & beauty-supply stores
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Review
Wooden Shoe Like to Know? by OPI is a dusty brown that seems to have the slightest touch of purple. To the naked eye, it’s definitely a milk-chocolatey brown, but when I used the camera’s flash, that’s when the base colour gets exaggerated and I saw some purple.
This brown isn’t like your traditional dark, rich brown. This one looks soft and cozy…or tasty like a Whopper.
This is a shimmery nail polish. The shimmer is subtle, but you can see if when the light hits it just right.
I could see gold and some orange shimmer, which mesh together well to save this polish from looking flat. (I think that a lot of milky browns have a tendency to look drab.)
Application & Formula
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? has a runny formula, and I found that to achieve total opacity, I needed 3 coats.
Because this polish is watery, I suggest using thinner coats than you normally would so that you can avoid flooding your cuticles.
Final Verdict: 6/10
This isn’t the kind of colour that I’d normally gravitate toward, which is why I gave it a Final Verdict score that’s low. When I reach for a brown, I usually want it to be dark like OPI Espresso Your Style!
I’ll definitely wear this again, but I need to be in the mood for a milk-chocolately brown.
Too bad it’s not scented to smell like chocolate. Hmm…I need to get off the computer and eat some chocolate now…
What’s your favourite kind of chocolate to eat? Do you wear brown nail polish? Have you ever worn wooden shoes?