When I heard about OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know?, the first thing that came to mind was a joke from the musical, Mary Poppins.
Do you remember the joke about a man with a wooden leg named Smith? (The awful punchline was: What was the name of his other leg?) Haha, it was really cheesy when I was a kid, but it still makes me smile now.
Wooden Shoe Like to Know? from the OPI Holland Collection reminds me a lot of Whoppers…but maybe I’m craving something chocolatey as I write this. 😉
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Pictures
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
√ Shimmery chocolate-brown
- Name: OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know?
- Collection: OPI Holland Collection Spring/Summer 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Holland Collection press release
- Colours Available in the OPI Holland Collection: I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!, Gouda Gouda Two Shoes, I Have a Herring Problem, Wooden Shoe Like to Know?, A Roll in the Hague, Red Lights Ahead…Where?, Kiss Me on My Tulips, Pedal Faster Suzi!, Dutch ‘Ya Just Love OPI?, Vampsterdam, Did You ‘ear About Van Gogh? & Thanks a WindMillion
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spa & beauty-supply stores
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? Review
Wooden Shoe Like to Know? by OPI is a dusty brown that seems to have the slightest touch of purple. To the naked eye, it’s definitely a milk-chocolatey brown, but when I used the camera’s flash, that’s when the base colour gets exaggerated and I saw some purple.
This brown isn’t like your traditional dark, rich brown. This one looks soft and cozy…or tasty like a Whopper. 😉
This is a shimmery nail polish. The shimmer is subtle, but you can see if when the light hits it just right.
I could see gold and some orange shimmer, which mesh together well to save this polish from looking flat. (I think that a lot of milky browns have a tendency to look drab.)
Application & Formula
OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? has a runny formula, and I found that to achieve total opacity, I needed 3 coats.
Because this polish is watery, I suggest using thinner coats than you normally would so that you can avoid flooding your cuticles.
Final Verdict: 6/10
This isn’t the kind of colour that I’d normally gravitate toward, which is why I gave it a Final Verdict score that’s low. When I reach for a brown, I usually want it to be dark like OPI Espresso Your Style!
I’ll definitely wear this again, but I need to be in the mood for a milk-chocolately brown.
Too bad it’s not scented to smell like chocolate. Hmm…I need to get off the computer and eat some chocolate now… 😉
What’s your favourite kind of chocolate to eat? Do you wear brown nail polish? Have you ever worn wooden shoes?