Nicole by OPI Selena is the second shade that I wore from the Selena Gomez Collection that’ll be in stores January 2013.
Pale pink nail polish usually is difficult for me to sport because a lot of times it makes my fingers look dirty, or there isn’t enough contrast between the colour of my skin and the lacquer.
But Nicole by OPI Selena had a tiny bit of peach in it, so I gave it a shot. 🙂
Edit: I totally forgot that I had photos of my manicure in the sunlight. I’ve updated the post to include those pictures.
Nicole by OPI Selena Pictures
Nicole by OPI Selena Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 4 coats of Nicole by OPI Selena
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
√ Fresh, young peach
- Name: Nicole by OPI Selena
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Hit the Lights, Selena, Love Song, Naturally, Spring Break, Pretty in Plum, Scarlett, Stars at Night, Mi Fantasia, Kissed at Midnight, Confetti Fun, Heavenly Angel, Sweet Dreams & Inner Sparkle
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: It’ll be available January 2013 at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Jean Coutu, Loblaw & London Drug.
Nicole by OPI Selena Review
Nicole by OPI Selena is such a soft, pretty pink with a hint of peach that if it had a texture, it would be fluffy…like the sheep you’re supposed to count when you can’t sleep.
(Does anyone actually count sheep? I tried doing that when I was in elementary school, but stopped at close to 1000 because I was extremely bored. And I was still wide awake. I’ve never tried counting sheep since.)
This peachy-pink polish is nice, but it’s not my style. I’m more into polishes that pack a punch (preferably an uppercut). Although it didn’t clash with my skin tone, I found that it also didn’t stand out against it. For this reason, I believe it would be more suitable for those who have much lighter or much richer skin tones than me.
When I saw this in the bottle, I thought that Nicole by OPI Selena was a creme polish, but to my surprise, it’s actually not!
There is micro-shimmer that’s so subtle and so fine that you might miss it even when you’re wearing it. In the sunlight, you can see it, and it looks like it might be slightly iridescent because it didn’t seem just silver or just one colour.
The shimmer is soooo subtle that it’s undetectable by other people. You’ll be the only person to notice it, and even then, you may have to bring your nails abnormally close to your eyes (yes, I do that when I wear polish because I’m a weirdo).
Application & Formula
The formula was pretty streaky, so you’ll need 3 coats. I used 4 coats because I wanted to see if there was a dramatic difference. There wasn’t. So, to get full opacity with this one, you’ll need 3 coats minimum.
The polish was easy enough to control, and it wasn’t too runny or too thick.
Final Verdict: 6.5/10
My low Final Verdict score doesn’t mean this polish isn’t any good. It just means that I wasn’t crazy about it. The shade didn’t do anything for me, and while it didn’t clash with my skin tone, I also felt like it didn’t flatter, either. This is the type of colour that I feel looks better on other people than it does on me.
Would you wear Nicole by OPI Selena? What pink polish is the one you wear the most?