Nicole by OPI Love Song from the Selena Gomez Collection coming out in January 2013 is a simple, pretty purple. But when I thought about its name (and of love in general), I began thinking about a lot more than just a pop song on the radio.
Love is probably the most overrated and simultaneously underrated thing in the world. It can make or break you and drive you crazy or ground you in reality. People die for it, but people feel alive because of it.
I’ve had my heart broken pretty badly many times when I was too quick to open up and trust people, but I’ve also done my share of breaking hearts. (No halo here, unless it’s from an old Hallowe’en costume!)
Through all my experiences, what I’ve realized is that unconditional love is the hardest gift to come by. So when you find people who accept you (but who still encourage you to constantly improve yourself), you’ve struck gold.
And on your quest for finding true love, I think you need to learn how to love yourself – your quirks, your flaws, and your strengths. Then, if you’re blessed to find that Special Somebody, you can bring something more interesting to the table and have your own identity instead of being just ‘half of a couple’.
What do you think?
Nicole by OPI Love Song Pictures
Nicole by OPI Love Song Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Love Song
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Name: Nicole by OPI Love Song
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Hit the Lights, Selena, Love Song, Naturally, Spring Break, Pretty in Plum, Scarlett, Stars at Night, Mi Fantasia, Kissed at Midnight, Confetti Fun, Heavenly Angel, Sweet Dreams & Inner Sparkle
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: It’ll be available January 2013 at Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Jean Coutu, Loblaw & London Drug.
Nicole by OPI Love Song Review
Love Song is a simple purple that’s very easy to sport. I’d describe it as a greyish purple, but it’s definitely more purple than grey.
It’s brighter and more saturated than a pastel, but it’s also not really a vibrant shade. Very lovely to wear!
When I looked at my photos on the computer, I saw some very fine silver micro-shimmer, so I whipped out the bottle and inspected it. The are some shimmery ‘veins’ that I noticed were very subtle.
However, on my nails, I thought it was just a plain creme finish. Indeed, it does look like a creme. Unless you realllly inspect your nails ridiculously up close, your manicure with this will look more like a soft creme.
Application & Formula
I had absolutely no issues with its formula. It was creamy and easy to apply. Plus you just need 2 coats to achieve full opacity.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Nicole by OPI Love Story is a beautiful purple that’s nice, but it’s nothing ‘out there’. If you don’t have a purple like this (WHHHAAAAT?), then try this one out. 🙂
Do you believe in love at first sight? How old were you when you first fell in love?