From the minute I first saw the colours from the Zoya Beach & Surf Summer 2012 Collection all lined up and pretty, an idea for a skittle manicure came to mind. (I used Zoya Reagan, Lara, Shelby, and Arizona!)
You’ll remember that I previously did a neon skittle manicure and loved the way it turned out. So I had to try more skittle nails!
I have a tough time pulling off pinks, but with the gradient effect, it seems to work.
Okay, maybe you’re thinking, “That orange looks out of place.” Instead of accenting my ring finger (aka my candy-corn-shaped nail), the baby finger and my thumb got the royal treatment.
As you know, I don’t usually wear pink nail polish (unless it’s neon, of course), and the orange made it more wearable for me…probably because it’s an unexpected touch. (Plus my pinkie finger is such a rebellious little guy.) 😉
It hit me – if you use just the pink polishes for your skittle manicure, you could totally rock this in October for Breast Cancer Awareness!
Zoya Skittle Manicure Swatches
All swatches have:
- Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat
- 3 coats each:
- Orange (Thumb & Pinkie): Zoya Arizona
- Fuchsia (Index Finger): Zoya Reagan
- Magenta (Middle Finger): Zoya Lara
- Light Pink (Ring Ringer): Zoya Shelby
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Here are the Zoya nail polishes I used:
Natural Light Photos
- Polishes Used: Zoya Reagan, Lara, Shelby & Arizona
- Collection: Zoya Beach & Surf Summer 2012 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the Zoya Beach & Surf Summer 2012 Collection Press Release
- Colours Available in the Zoya Beach & Surf Summer 2012 Collection: Reagan, Lara, Shelby, Arizona, Tracie, Wednesday, Carly, Kimber, Rory, Myrta, Meg & Zuza
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.) each
- What I Paid: Nothing! (All 4 shades used in this manicure were sent to me by the company.)
- Where to Buy: Zoya website & Trade Secrets
Hehe, I was super excited to try out all 4 of these beautiful Zoya nail polishes right away. Eventually when I wear them solo, I’ll try to catch them on camera so I can review each of them separately.
What colours would you use for your skittle manicure? Do you like accenting a nail other than the typical ring finger?