This coral-pink jelly had me at ‘Shell-o”! 😉 (I just couldn’t resist making that pun.)
China Glaze Shell-o is from the Sunsational Collection that’s divided into 2 halves: Cremes and Jellies.
It seems that I bust out coral more when the weather heats up. It’s just one of those shades that makes me think of throwing frisbees, racing against the sun to finish a melting Popsicle, and having fun picnics.
Even though this looks nothing like a watermelon, for some strange reason, this is the colour I have in my head every single time I eat any candy that’s watermelon-flavoured.
China Glaze Shell-o Pictures
China Glaze Shell-o Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of China Glaze Shell-o
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Coral-pink jelly (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Shell-o
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Sunsational Collection press release
- Collection: China Glaze Sunsational Collection 2013
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trans Design, NailPolishCanada, 8ty8Beauty, Nailsupplies, Head2Toe, select Sally Beauty Supply stores & select beauty-supply stores
China Glaze Shell-o Review
Shell-o by China Glaze is a coral that leans on the pinkish orange side. It’s definitely a neon because it really pops! Wow, I can see this one looking stunning on so many different skin tones!
It really wakes up your fingertips for some Bam Pow action that packs more punch than a campy 1960s film.
This has a jelly finish, but it’s not nearly as shiny as a lot of jelly nail polishes I’ve tried before. That being said, it’s nothing that a shiny top coat can’t fix.
Application & Formula
Shell-o by China Glaze went on streaky, and with 3 coats, I was able to get it to a point where I was comfortable with the opacity. It wasn’t 100% opaque, but it was okay. Definitely by adding a top coat, it also helped to smooth everything out and make it look more even.
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
Out of all the China Glaze Sunsational Collection Jellies, the colour of Shell-o is the one that I really loved. It wasn’t as streaky as a couple other Jellies, and it had decent coverage for this finish.
Which is your favourite Sunsational jelly so far? Do you wear coral more in the summer?