To my readers south of the border, I’d like to with you a very HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! I hope that you’re enjoying the day with your family and friends.
Today, I have another China Glaze Sunsational Collection shade from the Jellies half – it’s China Glaze Are You Jelly?.
I feel like I don’t wear vivid purples as much as I used to when I first started collection nail polish back in 2008.
I love the pop it provides against my skin tone, and while it’s definitely not a neon, it’s a gorgeous medium purple that makes me think of summer. So, well done, China Glaze!
China Glaze Are You Jelly? Pictures
China Glaze Are You Jelly? Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strenghtener (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of China Glaze Are You Jelly?
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Purple jelly (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Are You Jelly?
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Sunsational Collection press release
- Collection: China Glaze Sunsational Collection 2013
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trans Design, NailPolishCanada, 8ty8Beauty, Nailsupplies, Head2Toe, select Sally Beauty Supply stores & select beauty-supply stores
China Glaze Are You Jelly? Review
Are You Jelly? by China Glaze reminds me of a purple crayon because it’s very vivid. I love how it stands out on the nail, but how it’s not so bright that it’s a neon. It would be great especially for someone who isn’t a fan of super bold manicures, but who still wants to flirt with something bright.
Even though it’s supposed to have a jelly finish, I feel like it mingled with a creme because the opacity is more opaque than some of the other Jellies in the Sunsational Collection.
But, if you look at my index finger in the above photos, you’ll see that there was a section that didn’t get covered as well as the rest. I think that was my own error because I totally didn’t notice it until the next day. (I’m a nocturnal nail painter, so I only inspected it in the morning.)
Application & Formula
Are You Jelly? by China Glaze applied really well. The formula wasn’t as watery as some of the others, and I was able to cover the nail in 3 coats (except for the index finger, which I just mentioned).
Final Verdict: 8/10
I had fun wearing China Glaze Are You Jelly? because it’s definitely a bright colour that makes you want to hit the beach or go for a walk in the park. And I think it would make a wonderful pedicure colour!
Which is your favourite shade from the China Glaze Sunsational Collection so far? What’s on your nails right now?