Somebody pinch me because the formula of Zoya Cecilia from the Island Fun Collection is so dreamy, it manages to steal my attention away from the smouldering Giorgio Armani models for those men’s fragrance ads! 😉
If you’re looking for a teal that leans more on the green side, Zoya Cecilia will have your pulse racing like your nails are on the track and caught sight of the checkered flag waving.
Once again, Zoya has nailed the creme formula, and it performs like a luxury polish without the high price tag. Total winner through and through!
P.S. In case you missed yesterday’s post, I shared my Shark Nail Art Tutorial to kick off Shark Week!
Zoya Cecilia Pictures
Zoya Cecilia Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Zoya Cecilia
- KBShimmer Clearly on Top Quick Dry Top Coat (Provided by Harlow & Co.)
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Classic teal (Yes)
- Full coverage & densely pigmented cream formula (Yes)
- Name: Zoya Cecilia
- Collection: Zoya Island Fun Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Zoya Island Fun & Zoya Paradise Fun Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Zoya Island Fun Collection Quick Look post featuring swatches & bottle shots
- Colours Available in the Zoya Island Fun Collection: Demetria, Nana, Serenity, Talia, Cecilia & Jace
- Colours Available in the Zoya Paradise Sun Collection: Aphrodite, Mae, Isa, Oceane, Selene & Genesis
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9 USD
- Press Sample: This nail polish was provided as a press sample by Zoya.
- Where to Buy: Zoya website & NailPolishCanada
Zoya Cecilia Review
Cecilia by Zoya is proof that a teal can be both striking and soft at the same time. It adds a colourful punch to your nails and a playful spirit without appearing loud or obnoxious.
If you normally shy away from teals, I urge you to give this one a go. It may very well ease you into funkier, bolder shades. 😉
The way it leans more on the green side is right up my alley, and if you’re a green fiend, you’ll enjoy this one, too!
Smooth and creamy, the finish is pure and beautiful! There aren’t any sparkles or shimmer – just a gorgeous colour that shines through.
The bonus of a creme finish is that it goes on easily and also comes off without any trouble.
Application & Formula
Zoya is the expert when it comes to creme formulas because they flow so effortlessly onto the nail, self-level, and somehow make your nails appear like they’re fake nails (but in a really amazing way)!
I’m so impressed with Cecilia by Zoya because it outperforms luxury polishes without costing as much. And I can easily control the formula with the brush without a problem.
If you’re just beginning your nail collection or even if you’re an aficionado, you’ll appreciate how Zoya nail polishes like this make painting your nails so quick and easy, with beautiful results with minimal effort!
One coat delivered great opacity, but I used my typical two coats to ensure complete coverage. The highly pigmented formula is a joy to paint with!
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Zoya has so many winners under their belt, and Cecilia is yet another one to add to their trophy case! 🙂
If you don’t already have a smooth, pigmented teal that leans green, I highly recommend this one.
Do you prefer teals that lean green or that lean blue? Do you have an all-time favourite Zoya colour? Is there a luxury polish brand that you’d recommend I try?