Today’s focus is on SpaRitual Shooting Star. I’m not sure why it’s named that since when most people conjure up mental images of stars and the galaxy, blue springs to mind more than purple.
Nevertheless, Shooting Star is a colour that shoots for the moon and lands among the stars. It’s a looker! (My photos don’t do it any justice. In person, it’s prettier.)
If you have this one, I suggest wearing it on a sunny day because that’s when the amazing shimmer really shines through and works its magic like a nail-polish Houdini.
It’s vampy and seems like it’s lit from within, which makes this polish a pleasure to wear!
SpaRitual Shooting Star Pictures
SpaRitual Shooting Star Ingredients
SpaRitual Shooting Star Swatches
All swatches have:
Natural Light Photos
√ Velvet magenta shimmer
- Name: SpaRitual Shooting Star
- Collection: SpaRitual Twinkle Collection (Holiday 2011)
- Colours in the SpaRitual Twinkle Collection: Shooting Star, Break of Dawn, Solstice, Twilight, Illumination & Blue Moon
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: $4.17 CAD on sale (Retails for around $9-$12.50 CAD)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, select spas & salons (Sephora now carries SpaRitual polishes, but I’m not sure if they have this old colour in stock. It’s worth checking if you swing by.)
SpaRitual Shooting Star Review
Shooting Star by SpaRitual is a violet that has lots of reddish magenta shimmer. It’s a sexy polish that I associate more with fall and winter, but feel free to wear whatever colour whenever you want.
It’s very vampy without looking black, even in poor lighting, and you can always see the shimmer, which is a plus. However, to get the full effect, you need to see it in full sunlight to get the ‘wow factor’.
This is a shimmer polish, and the particles are medium-sized, which makes them more prominent without being really flashy like a glitter polish.
The finish is smooth and not gritty.
Application & Formula
Application was lovely. I only needed 2 coats to fully cover my nail, and the formula was smooth, problem-free, and easy to control even though it was a bit on the watery side.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Shooting Star by SpaRitual is a cool purple that I recommend if you don’t have something already similar to it. It plays with the light and never looks flat.
How far have you ever gone to track down a polish from an old collection? What do you think about the SpaRitual bottle shape?
— Mary (@SwatchAndLearn) June 13, 2012