This purple Eye of the Day was inspired by the MAC Venomous Villains Collection, but in particular the wonderfully evil Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty! She’s my favorite Disney villain – love her name, her voice, her attire, and even how she turns into a badass dragon at the end.
You can imagine my disappointment when I learned that the MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos that I really wanted contained Bismuth Oxychloride (an ingredient my sensitive eyes are highly allergic to). As far as I know, all MAC eye shadows contain that ingredient.
So I figured that since I can’t join in on the fun with that product, at least I can join the Venomous Villains party by creating my own Maleficent-inspired purple Eye of the Day look using non-MAC products.
Eye of the Day Pictures:
What I Used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (Eden) – prime upper eyelids
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Blackest Black) – line upper lashline
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil (Black Onyx) – line lower lashline
- Kat Von D Solitude (light purple from the Kat Von D Memento Mori Palette) – applied to inner 2/3 of eyelids
- Kat Von D Shiba (medium purple from the Kat Von D True Love Palette) – applied to inner 2/3 of eyelids
- Kat Von D Cholita (dark purple from the Kat Von D True Love Palette) – applied to outer third of eyelids
- Elf Cosmetics Eye Shadow Brush – to apply light purple & medium purple
- Sigma Small Tapered Blending Brush (Sigma E45 Brush) – to apply dark purple & blend into crease
- Sigma Blending Brush (Sigma E25 Brush or Sigma SS217 Brush) – to blend all colors together
As usual, my brows are left natural and I’m not wearing any mascara. Still need to improve my blending techniques – although it was my first time trying out the Sigma E25 Brush, and I really like it so far because it’s easy to use and does the job quickly!
Who’s your favorite Disney villain? Are you a fan of purple eye shadow?