Nails take to the sky and sing, “I’m blue da ba dee da ba die!”
When it starts to heat up, cool down with Pretty Serious Doodle Bug from the Pastel Pet Names Collection. It’s a summer-loving blue that will make you want to do cannonballs in the pool!
Pretty Serious Doodle Bug Pictures
Pretty Serious Doodle Bug Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Pretty Serious Doodle Bug
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
- Baby blue (Yes)
- Name: Pretty Serious Doodle Bug
- Collection: Pretty Serious Pastel Pet Names Collection
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Pretty Serious Pastel Pet Names Collection Swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Little Duckling, Peachie Poo, Fluffykins, Cutie Patootie, Bunny Foo-Foo & Doodle Bug
- Amount: 11 mL (0.37 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 AUD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Pretty Serious Cosmetics website & select stockists
Pretty Serious Doodle Bug Review
Doodle Bug by Pretty Serious is an aquatic blue that makes a splash with its summery personality. Think of refreshing dips in the pool and cooling off by snacking on frozen grapes.
While it’s a perky blue that’s bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, it’s not a retina-searing neon, so those who aren’t ready to sport a super bright manicure can still get behind this one.
In person, it’s slightly more saturated than it appears in my photos. It’s the kind of polish that looks better in real life.
When a colour is this vibrant, you don’t need a crazy finish or lots of distractions. A simple, classic creme does wonders to ensure that the blue is at the focal point. (The bonus is that cremes are also easier to remove than many other finishes like glitter.)
Application & Formula
The formula was so pigmented that it appeared to be a one-coater! However, I never just paint one coat of colour, even if it fully covers. I did my usual two coats before applying a glossy top coat.
It was easy to paint with, and you can go over the same area with your brush several times to get an even look. It’s a very forgiving polish.
All Pretty Serious nail polishes are vegan and cruelty-free. Additionally, they don’t contain any Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBP, or Toluene, so you can feel great about wearing this polish.
Final Verdict: 9/10
I will certainly be wearing this blue nail polish again. It’s the exact blue that comes to mind when I think of summer at the beach or by the pool. This is what I’d call a pick-me-up colour because it’s a fun shade to wear, and it puts a smile on my face!
What’s your go-to pick-me-up nail polish? Which summer shades have you been reaching for lately? When a polish is a one-coater, do you ever apply just a single coat?