OPI The World Is Not Enough from the Skyfall Collection brings to mind the song by the musical group, Garbage.
Remember Garbage? #1 Crush was my favourite from them. It’s such a sexy, dark song. And even to this day, I think that Shirley Manson is incredibly gorgeous. (Hehe, you know how I feel about redheads!)
Alas, I digress (as usual!)…Back to the polish!
This is a neutral that’s more than meets the eye. Upon closer inspection, I was really intrigued by what I saw.
So what did I see? The light at the end of the tunnel? A man doing the Macarena underwater? A frog playing the kazoo with its left nostril?
Okay, maybe not, but I did see something interesting!
OPI The World Is Not Enough Pictures
OPI The World Is Not Enough Ingredients
OPI The Bondettes Mini Nail Lacquer Set Picture
OPI The World Is Not Enough Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 3 coats of OPI The World Is Not Enough
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
√ Rose pewter
- Name: OPI The World Is Not Enough
- Collection: OPI Skyfall Collection 2012
- Press Release of OPI The Bondettes Mini Nail Lacquer Set: Click here
- Colours Available in the Collection: GoldenEye, Skyfall, The Spy Who Loved Me, Casino Royale, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Live and Let Die, Tomorrow Never Dies, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, The Living Daylights, Moonraker & The World Is Not Enough
- Amount: 3.75 mL (1/8 fl. oz.) – I have the mini bottle from the OPI The Bondettes Mini Nail Lacquer Set
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI The World Is Not Enough Review
At first, I thought that The World Is Not Enough by OPI was just your standard taupe glittery nail polish. But when I was being the vainest peacock in the zoo and inspecting my nails up close and personal, I noticed that the glitter isn’t just taupe. It sometimes looks silvery, but most times it’s a warm tone. I also saw pink and what looked like blue (although the ‘blue’ could’ve just been the reflection of the taupe or pewter).
All the colours blend together, so the pink and ‘blue’ don’t stand out. It was very interesting…like a personal secret that you get to enjoy yourself. However, it’s the taupe that dominates.
From a normal distance, you can’t see those other colours. And although I really did try to capture the colours with my camera, I had quite a challenging time. If you look realllllly closely and inspect the photos, you can make them out a little in the natural-light photos.
The glitter is very fine, and the result is smooth, not sharp and rough.
Application & Formula
It was very easy to apply this polish, however it was on the thin side, so it was pretty streaky with the first coat.
I recommend that you use a minimum of 3 coats if you want to completely cover the nail line. And I also suggest that if you’re going to use a quick-drying top coat (like I did), try to wait a while between your final coat of colour and your top coat. This will hopefully prevent tip wear, which is what I got because I was impatient and then slapped on too much top coat (which can also lead to premature tip wear, by the way).
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
The World Is Not Enough by OPI is a nice neutral that’s very easy to wear and pair with anything in your wardrobe. I liked how sparkly it was and how there are other colours that seem to appear ‘for your eyes only’.
What’s your favourite song by Garbage? When you hear ‘The World Is Not Enough’, do you think of the movie or the song (also by Garbage)?