In this photo, it looks more blue than it actually is in person. When you see it in the store, you’ll notice the green undertone, but the blue is still there.
I tried to capture it accurately with my camera, but it was quite the feat. In fact, in this post, you’ll see tons of swatches in all differing lighting conditions: natural light, dim natural light, sunlight, and flash!
None of them truly convey the beauty of this polish, but if you wanted an idea of which is the closest to what it looks like in real life, I would say refer to the dim natural-light photos. (You need to see it in person, though – it’s way more drool-worthy than my photos suggest!)
This is my kind of shade because it’s so bold and flattering on many different skin tones.
OPI The Sky’s My Limit Pictures
OPI The Sky’s My Limit Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI The Sky’s My Limit
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
Dim Natural Light Photos
Retail Bottle Packaging
Please note that when you purchase your bottle, the handle will have these cool Ford Mustang horses, as shown below.
- Shimmering blue (Yes, although I can also see green/teal and gold)
- Name: OPI The Sky’s My Limit
- Collection: OPI Ford Mustang Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Ford Mustang Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Ford Mustang Collection
- Colours Available in the Collection: Race Red, 50 Years of Style, Queen of the Road, The Sky’s My Limit, Girls Love Ponies & Angel with a Leadfoot
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI The Sky’s My Limit Review
While the colour was so tricky for me to accurately capture, I will say this: It’s more gorgeous in person, and no photos can do it justice!
It’s a very pretty teal. You can see the blue, but there’s also obviously some green mixed in, and they shimmer like a beautiful mermaid in the sunshine!
You’ll also love the contrast of the gold shimmer sprinkled in. They add that extra Wow Factor, and it makes this polish mesmerizing!
The shimmery finish catches the light and looks like all the specks are dancing on your nails. Haha, this is the type of lacquer that could distract you while walking down the street, so please exercise caution when wearing it! 😉
Application & Formula
The base is almost like a sheer jelly, which reminds me of the way lagoons are described in books. But the shimmer helps to amp up the opacity, which is why I only needed two coats to cover my nails.
Since the base is a little sheer, I noticed that when applying a quick-drying top coat, it could pull the polish and make it shrink a little, causing the look of premature tip wear. However, I think you could avoid that by adding a third coat and also waiting longer in between each coat.
In general, it covers lovely, and the formula goes on well. The first coat is a little patchy, but with a second, any bald spots are filled.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
I really am in love with OPI The Sky’s My Limit, and I wore it for a few days straight. It held up very well, and I will definitely wear this again!
I highly recommend this shade to all of you. If there’s only one colour you get from the OPI Ford Mustang Collection, this is the one. It’s leaps and bounds above the other colours, and it’s clearly the star!
Would you wear this polish solo or combined with other colours? Do you have a favourite teal? Are you a fan of Ford Mustangs?