One of my favourite childhood movies is Disney’s 1951 classic, Alice in Wonderland. And even if you’re a new visitor to Swatch And Learn, you probably gathered that much, considering that I’ve got a little Cheshire Cat lurking in the blog header. 😉
Needless to say, the OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection appealed to me right away, and although I shared swatches of the entire collection on here already, I was compelled to wear OPI The I’s Have It as the first full manicure!
The eyes are the windows to the soul, and according to this nail polish, The “I’s” Have It!
It screams Alice like books with nothing but pictures. (Remember that scene from the movie? Hehe, being a hardcore writer down to the bone, that was the only part in the film that gave me an internal “Nooooooo!” A book with only pictures lacks the mental imagery that only words are powerful enough to conjure. I firmly believe that the pen is mightier than the sword.)
OPI The I’s Have It Pictures
OPI The I’s Have It Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI The I’s Have It
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Light powder blue (Yes)
- Name: OPI The I’s Have It
- Collection: OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection 2016 (aka the OPI Brights 2016 Collection)
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: The I’s Have It, Oh My Majesty!, What’s the Hatter with You?, I’m Gown for Anything!, Fearlessly Alice, A Mirror Escape, Having a Big Head Day, Mad for Madness Sake & What Time Isn’t It? (Special-edition colour)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Macy’s stores, ULTA Beauty, Nail Polish Canada, Chatters & select beauty destinations
OPI The I’s Have It Review
The I’s Have It by OPI is a gorgeous blue that’s just a hop, skip, and a jump from turning into a periwinkle. Not quite! Still, it’s unmistakably beautiful in its own right.
What I love is that in brighter lighting, it looks lighter, but, as you can see, when viewing it in natural (or your typical) lighting, it appears to be more saturated. Either way, it was a treat to wear, and I believe that it’s the kind of blue that would easily flatter a wide variety of skin tones from the fairest to the richest with ease.
The creme finish may be simple, but it’s also classic, which suits Alice to an ‘unbirthday party tea’…even if it is no nonsense! 😉
Since the finish is a creme, all the attention is on the gorgeous colour.
Application & Formula
Like many of OPI’s great nail-polish formulas, The I’s Have It by OPI was no exception. It applied smoothly and was very creamy.
To get the coverage you see in my photos, I only needed to paint my typical two coats, and it was an enjoyable experience because I didn’t have to apply the polish carefully. It glided on effortlessly and covered any uneven areas quickly.
At the time of writing this review, I’m still wearing this nail polish, and I’ve been wearing it since I went to Harbourfront in Toronto (as I mentioned in another post). If it stains my nails after I remove it in a day or so, I’ll update this section and let you know. (Back when I did quick swatches of the entire collection, though, I don’t remember any staining.)
OPI The I’s Have It doesn’t contain any Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.
Final Verdict: 9/10
As a nail blogger, I tend to switch up my manicure very often. When I stick to the same colour for a few days, it usually means that I’ve fallen for the shade. The fact that I’ve worn this for several consecutive days should speak volumes! 🙂 Yes, I love it, and the Final Verdict score reflects that.
Which of the other OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection colours are you interested in seeing in-depth reviews on?