OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! from the New Orleans Collection is the type of Kermit the Frog green that I enjoy wearing because it’s fresh and a ‘Comfort Colour’ to me.
“But wasn’t St. Patrick’s Day last week?” I hear you ask. Well, yes, but just because the festivities are over and you’ve already caught the leprechauns doesn’t mean that you have to shun a cute green nail polish!
You know me – I pull out green all year long. It’s my favourite colour to wear on my nails, but interestingly enough, I don’t have too many green clothes. (Maybe it’s because clothing manufacturers don’t tend to make as many shirts in green, compared to, say purple or blue.)
OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! Pictures
OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI I’m Sooo Swamped!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Creamy green (Yes)
- Name: OPI I’m Sooo Swamped!
- Collection: OPI New Orleans Collection Spring/Summer 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI New Orleans Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my swatches & bottle shots of all 12 shades in the OPI New Orleans Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Let Me Bayou a Drink, Spare Me a French Quarter?, Humidi-Tea, She’s a Bad Muffuletta!, Suzi Nails New Orleans, Got Myself into a Jam-balaya, I Manicure for Beads, Crawfishin’ for a Compliment!, Take a Right on Bourbon, I’m Sooo Swamped!, Rich Girls & Po-Boys & Show Us Your Tips!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: The base and top coats were purchased by me. OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! is a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! Review
I’m Sooo Swamped! by OPI is a medium green with a yellow undertone. It’s the colour of newly planted grass on your neighbour’s lawn.
(Is the grass actually greener on the other side? No idea. However, my nails are greener than my neighbour’s!) 😉
With a creme finish, it’s simple yet stunning. You don’t need tons of bells and whistles to get a green to pop, especially when it’s one that’s reminiscent of Kermit the Frog!
As is typical of creme nail polishes, removal was easy peasy!
Application & Formula
The formula was excellent – smooth and pigmented. It was easy to spread it out over my nails, and the finished look was very even. I only needed to use two coats to fully cover my nails.
OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! is free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP, which you may appreciate if you’re allergic to those ingredients, or if you’re making conscious shopping decisions.
Final Verdict: 9/10
If you don’t already have a leprechaun green in your stash…wait…what? You’d better rectify that immediately! 😉
OPI I’m Sooo Swamped! is a fresh green that adds a fun pop of colour. Try it, and you may be surprised by how much you dig green!
Do you still wear green nail polish, even after St. Patrick’s Day is over? Do you remember this really old Smorgasbord Sundays post from 2011 where I wrote about Kermit the Frog being one of my childhood crushes (among several others)?