I’m very impressed with NYX Cosmetics. I’ve tried many of their products and been quite pleased. Not only is the price right, but the color payoff is usually fantastic!
I previously reviewed a smorgasbord of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Since then, I’ve bought 4 more: Yogurt, Oyster, Hot Pink, and Yellow!
I’m really loving these fun colors, and I appreciate how they really help to make my shadows pop!
Their creamy texture makes blending a cinch, and the stick form is very convenient for travel.
Have you tried any NYX Jumbo Pencils? Which color is your favorite? What’s your favorite NYX product?
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Pictures (Yogurt, Oyster, Hot Pink & Yellow)
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Swatches (Yogurt, Oyster, Hot Pink & Yellow)
Note: All swatches have no primer and are swatched in the order mentioned above.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Ingredients
Note: The ingredients listed on my pencil were actually different than the ingredients listed on the NYX Canadian site. Not sure why there’s this discrepancy.
Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A., Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben & Mica.
May contain pigment (C.I.)
- √ Easy-to-blend formula
- √ Glides on like silk
- X Lasts all day
- Name: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil
- Colors Available: Black Bean, Dark Brown, Pots & Pans, Milk, Strawberry Milk, Baby Blue, Horse Raddish, Cottage Cheese, French Fries, Oyster, Yogurt, Gold, Lime (formerly Lemon), Lavender, Slate, Pacific, Iced Mocha, Purple, Rust, Frosted, Hot Pink, Yellow, Orange, Cherry, Rocky Mountain Green, Pure Gold, Electric Blue & Purple Velvet
- Amount: 5 g (0.18 oz.)
- What I Paid: $2.99 CAD each (on sale)
- Where to Buy: Cherry Culture, NYX US website, NYX CA website, Rexall, ULTA & select drugstores
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Review (Yogurt, Oyster, Hot Pink & Yellow)
If you haven’t already, please check out my first NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil review and swatches on 9 other colors: Rocky Mountain Green, Lime (formerly Lemon), French Fries, Purple, Strawberry Milk, Black Bean, Cottage Cheese, Horse Raddish & Milk.
But onto the 4 in this post!
- Yogurt: Frosty light bronze/champagne
- Oyster: Frosty cool light purple
- Hot Pink: Creme bright pink
- Yellow: Creme banana yellow
All of these NYX Jumbo Pencils are highly pigmented. You get big-time color payoff. And NYX has a huge color selection to choose from, so if you need a dark and vampy base or a light and airy one, they’ll have one.
Of the 4 colors, Oyster applied slightly patchier than the others.
Since they are so creamy, they glide effortlessly onto your skin without much tugging. You don’t even have to go over the same area several times to get good color payoff. One or two swipes does the job.
When you scribble some onto your lid, I find it best to use the warm of your finger to spread out the product. It blends very easily and provides a nice base for your eye shadow.
- Change a Shadow’s Finish: What I love about these NYX Jumbo Pencils is that you can transform the finish of shadows you already own. For instance, if you use Yogurt, which is frosty, under a matte shadow, the result is a shimmery shadow.
- Bump Up Pigmentation: Have a shadow that doesn’t have as much pigmentation as you’d like? Put on a little of the Jumbo Eye Pencils from NYX and you’re in business!
- Easily Add Inner Corner Highlights: Instead of having to reach for a brush, you can add just the right amount of color to your inner corners with the pointed tip
Unless you have super-dry eyelids, I don’t suggest that you ever wear these alone or they’ll crease like crrrraazzzyyy! I found that when I used a good eye primer underneath (like Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Eden or NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base) and only used a thin layer of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, it didn’t crease and the color remained strong for many hours. Eventually, though, it does fade a bit.
Safe for Sensitive Eyes
My eyes are very sensitive, but I have no problems wearing the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils.
They’re marked as ‘hypoallergenic’, in case you were wondering. But I’m not sure how I feel about that term. I’ve read a lot about how the cosmetic industry throws around words like ‘hypoallergenic’ because it helps to sell a product and that the strict usage of the term is unregulated.
You’ll be happy to know that the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are cruelty-free, so you can get all dolled up without any of the guilt.
The pencil is easy to take with you anywhere. And, to get more product, you just have to sharpen it.
Final Verdict: 8/10
To refresh some of your lackluster shadows or to transform the finish of them, I suggest using the NYX Jumbo Pencils. Not only do they come in a rainbow of colors, but they’re also easy on your wallet.
Don’t forget to check out my other review and swatches of 9 different NYX Jumbo Pencils!
Which color is your favorite? Do you like wearing yellow eye shadow? Are you brave enough to sport a hot-pink eye look?