Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus from the Something About Spring Collection is a blue-green intense shimmer that makes me think of a magical fish laced with fairy dust.
How else can I describe it? A leprechaun going to Mardi Gras. An emerald covered by a thin layer of winter’s frost. A pond in the forest enchanted by a witch’s spell.
There’s something magical about this color because I put it on and then obsessed over it….kept staring at my nails because it catches the light even in dim light!
Does it win you over, too?
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus Pictures
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus Swatches
All swatches have:
- 1 coat of Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus
- No top coat!
√ Blue-green shimmer
- Name: Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus
- Collection: Something About Spring Collection 2011
- Colors Available in the Nicole by OPI Something About Spring Collection: Daffy Dill, Iceberg Lotus, I’m a Pool for Love, Brilliant Idea, Pink. Seriously, Make a Comet-Ment, Dandy Lion, You’re S-Teal the One, Shell Me the Truth, Pink-Nic in the Park, Sea How Far You Go & Nicole’s Nickel
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me for honest review consideration. Retails for around $7 USD)
- Where to Buy: Target & Shoppers Drug Mart
- Exclusive? Yes, it’s only supposed to be sold at Target & Shoppers Drug Mart
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus Review
This blue-green shimmery polish sparkles like a gemstone on crack! Absolutely craaaazy! In direct sunlight, it lights up like fire, and even in dim light, you can see the shimmer dance on your nails. Paint on Iceberg Lotus and I challenge you to not stare at your nails!
In certain lights in the bottle, I could see some purplish pink, but on my nails, I didn’t notice any of that. Too bad, but it’s still a spectacular color to wear – really brings your nails to life!
Application & Formula
It applied smoothly, evenly, and flawlessly. And it’s a very forgiving formula that self-levels well. The only thing is that Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus is sheer – you’ll need 2 thick coats or 3 thin ones if you want full opacity.
In my photos, it looks like I have visible nail line, but in real life, you couldn’t see it. I think when the photo zooms in so closely then it’s magnified, but to the naked eye, it looked great!
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus dries fairly quickly and dries with a shiny finish even if you don’t use Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (which I’m in love with and want to have nail-polish babies with).
It comes with their “New Perfect Stroke Brush”, which is flat and wide. I found it very easy to work with. The wide brush makes it easy to cover a larger nail surface with a single stroke, and the flatness helps you avoid picking up too much polish.
Iceberg Lotus is free of formaldehyde, DBP, and toluene, the Varnish Villains (as I like to call ’em). However, it’s not Big-4-free because it still has formaldehyde resin.
Final Verdict: 9/10
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus from the Something About Spring Collection is bling for your nails! Even if you have lots of green polishes like I do, this one still is really fun to wear and has a luxurious quality to it like a precious gem.
Do you prefer creme or shimmer nail polishes? Which greens do you reach for time and time again? Do you notice any difference between the OPI brand and Nicole by OPI in terms of formula?
Other Nicole by OPI Something About Spring Collection Colors I’ve Swatched & Reviewed: