Who else is so ready for winter to be over?
Although the weather has been unusually mild with hardly any snow in Canada, I’m still looking forward to the spring and summer.
And what better way to get a taste of the warm-weather spirit than by wearing a light-hearted polish?
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike is a pink polish that I can get down with because it’s a coral pink that just makes you happy looking at it.
For me, corals bring to mind fruity cocktails, bikinis, and the giddy feeling you get when the sun’s beating down. How can you be in a bad mood with this on your nails? It’s colour therapy in a bottle!
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike Pictures
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike Ingredients
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 4 coats of Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Name: Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Shoppers Drug Mart Exclusives
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Shoppers Drug Mart Exclusives press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Great Minds Pink Alike, Pink. Seriously, I Love You Cherry Much, Look at Me Look at Me!, That’s Totally Red-ical! & Purple Yourself Together
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike Review
Great Minds Pink Alike from Nicole by OPI is a sassy coral pink that brightens up your fingertips. It’s the perfect colour to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder that so many people experience during the gloomy winter.
If you’re like me and you aren’t naturally a pink-polish person, you should still give this one a shot. It’s not your typical Barbie, girly-girl bubblegum pink lacquer.
Instead, it packs a punch…like fruit punch, to be exact!
Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike has a glassfleck finish that really makes this polish more unique than a creme polish.
Depending on how the light hits your nails, the glassfleck flashes pink and/or purple. It’s kind of like the ‘fire’ that takes this polish to the next level.
Application & Formula
The formula was on the thin and sheer side, but it was easy to control. I was really surprised that this polish required a lot of coats. To achieve complete opacity, I needed to use 4 coats! (Despite this setback, I still think that the extra effort is worth it for this colour.)
Final Verdict: 8/10
If you’re looking for a polish that pulls you away from the winter gloom and into thoughts of tropical smoothies during a heat wave, Nicole by OPI Great Minds Pink Alike fits the bill nicely.
Do you wear coral polishes? Which ones are your favourites? Are you ready for winter to end?
Edit: Nicole by OPI tweeted my blog post to their followers!