Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls hails from the Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection, and it’s one of those lit-from-within teal nail polishes.
I think that everyone who’s into lacquer ought to own a shade like this because it’s so universally flattering, and it has an intensity that’s dramatic without being gaudy.
It’s bold without being bright or vampy. It walks the tightrope like a pro and delivers saturated colour without breaking a sweat.
Allow me to share more of my thoughts on this lacquer with you and show you more photos!
Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls Pictures
Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls Ingredients
Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls Swatches
All swatches have:
- CND Stickey Anchoring Base Coat
- 3 coats of Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Name: Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection 2012
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Deck the Dolls, Kardashing Through the Snow, Here We Kome A-Karoling, All is Glam, All is Bright, Keeping Up with Santa & A Gold Winter’s Night
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5. fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw & Jean Coutu stores
Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls Review
Teals like Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls are always a pleasure to wear because I can count of them to create a fierce manicure.
It’s dark enough to look dramatic, but it’s not so dark that it looks black even in low lighting. This is a great Anytime Colour. If you’re looking for a shade with some ‘bite’, this one will give you something to chew on. (Err…don’t bite your nails!)
Nicole by OPI Deck the Dolls has a shimmery finish, so it never looks flat. No matter what the lighting condition, your nails will have that wonderful, glowy, lit-from-within personality that gives your manicure an air of mystery. And because it’s not your traditional red or pink, it’s a little edgy.
Application & Formula
When I first saw the bottle, I thought it would be very opaque. So you can imagine my surprise when it went on sheer and very thin!
The formula is on the watery side, so I suggest not using medium coats. You should try to paint it on with a thin coat, but then do multiple coats to increase opacity. (I needed to use 3 coats for full coverage.)
Also, because the formula is thin, if you wish to use a fast-drying top coat, I suggest waiting a while before slicking on your top coat. (I find that thin polishes are more prone to premature polish shrinkage – i.e. tip wear.)
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
Although I don’t feel like this is a unique shade, it is very sexy and fun to wear. While it was on my nails, I found myself admiring my nails often. It’s really cool how the middle of the nails looks lighter, and then the edges are darker – adds that visual interest.
What’s your favourite blue nail polish to wear? Do you think the Kardashians should put out their own line of ‘Dash’ nail polishes?