You’ll remember that not long ago, I bought the brand new Bundle Monster image plate set. The two owl designs made it a must-have for me.
To make China Glaze Elephant Walk more my style, I turned them into Owl Nails with the help of Bundle Monster Image Plate BM-309.
After these cuties were on my nails, I fell in love with the manicure. And I appreciated the grey as the base colour.
I painted the tips of my nails black with China Glaze Liquid Leather so that the owls would have something to stand on.
If you look really closely at the cute owl on my middle finger, you’ll see that he’s a bit of a show-off. While all the others have their feet on the ground, he’s balancing himself on just one leg! 😉 What an attention-seeker!
Hehe, I also like how the owls look like they’re either wearing monocles or they have shiners!
Owl Nail Art Swatches
All swatches have:
- Nubar Foundation Base Coat
- 2 coats of China Glaze Elephant Walk (Grey) – This was provided by PR.
- 1 coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather (Black for tips)
- Stamping Polish: Konad Special Nail Polish (Black)
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
Nail Stamping Tutorial: Check out my Konad Tutorial for step-by-step written instructions & visual aids to make nail stamping easier!
What I Used to Create This Look:
- China Glaze Elephant Walk: This is the grey base nail polish. (Click the link to see my swatches and review of it.)
- China Glaze Liquid Leather: This is the black polish I used to paint the ‘ground’. (Again, click the link if you’d like to see my swatches and review of it.)
- Bundle Monster BM-309 Image Plate: 25 image plate set for $21.99 USD. (If you’re curious to see all the 2012 Bundle Monster image plates, check out my review here!)
- Konad Special Nail Polish (Black): 11 mL – $6.99 USD
- Konad Stamper (came in a set with a metal scraper): $4.99 USD for set
- Konad Plastic Scraper: $2.50 USD
- Where to Buy Konad Supplies: WowSoCool & OC Nail Art
Hope you enjoyed my simple owl nail art! 🙂 Have a wonderful Friday!
Do you think my manicure is a hoot? (Hahahaha, sorry, but I couldn’t resist the awful pun!)