Whenever I eat veggie dogs (vegetarian hot dogs) or veggie burgers (vegetarian burgers), I always have to put ketchup, relish, and mustard on it.
I prefer the Dijon mustard because it has that little kick to it that mixes well with the other flavours.
Are you a fan of mustard? Even if you don’t like eating it, perhaps you’ll like wearing it.
(No, I’m not gonna start a food fight. Don’t worry! :P)
China Glaze Trendsetter is a very unusual (but really cool-looking) mustard yellow that has a touch of green to it!
I really like it, but I don’t think it looks so hot on me. I dunno…what do you think?
China Glaze Trendsetter Pictures
China Glaze Trendsetter Swatches
All swatches have:
- No base coat or top coat!
- 2 coats of China Glaze Trendsetter
- √ Shimmery mustard yellow
- Name: China Glaze Trendsetter
- Collection: China Glaze Metro Collection
- Colours in the China Glaze Metro Collection: Skyscraper, Westside Warrior, Trendsetter, CG in the City, Urban-Night, Traffic Jam, City Siren, Loft-y Ambitions, Brownstone, Midtown Magic, Street Chic & Concrete Catwalk
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: $2.99 USD
- Where to Buy: Trans Design, 8ty8Beauty, Head2Toe & Nailsupplies
China Glaze Trendsetter Review
Trendsetter by China Glaze is a mustard yellow that has a retro vibe. There are also yellow flecks that add dimension to this colour that could easily look flat otherwise.
I also think that there’s a hint of green in this that makes the yellow dirtier…but not in a bad way!
This glass-fleck polish dries smooth instead of gritty.
Application & Formula
Trendsetter was on the thick side, but it wasn’t hard to work with like dried glue. It was easier to paint with than China Glaze Skyscraper, and it was also very opaque.
I tried it without a top coat to see if it would dry shiny or dull. You’ll be pleased to know that it dries shiny by itself.
Unfortunately the ingredients label was already removed when I purchased this, so I can’t tell you any specifics. What I do know is that China Glaze’s new formula is Big-3-Free (i.e. free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP).
Final Verdict: 8/10
If you want to wear a non-traditional colour on your nails, this is the colour to rock. You don’t see it every day, and it has a cool vintage vibe.
Do you shy away from wearing yellow nail polish? Has a yellow polish ever badly stained your nails?